Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA vs. SASS Membership levels

peacemaker25

I wish that there was an SASS or similar that allowed competition without having to play dress up. I think using that equipment would be a lot of fun. I understand for some the dress up is part of the fun, however, I finished playing cowboy when I got two digits in my age.

I would actually really enjoy shooting the kind of equipment in a lightly competitive atmosphere. I can deal with the fun aspect, the hanging out, the lack of being super competitive, but I just cant deal with the dress up factor.

Maybe USPSA should add a "cowboy" division for equipment. Single action revolvers, old school shotguns and rifles. Then we could have a good time shooting in that style without having to pretend we're Wyatt Earp...well at least on the outside, we'd probably all still do it in our heads. :D

• 1 month later...

As stated by others, I think it has to do with the social aspect of it, dressing up and playing a part along with making it a whole family activity.

I suggest this for USPSA. We have range babes dressed in camo bikinis and tactical spandex at every match. Have them hide is bushes and jump out to accost us with beer and hamburgers randomly throughout the event. I think this would bring some of the more "tactical" nature of USPSA shooting out and also bring up membership and activity credits. :cheers:

Granted, it doesn't turn it into a family activity but damn it would be fun.

Chris

Dont over emphisize the dress up portion.

You just need jeans, a long sleeved shirt, no sneakers (gym shoes) or combat boots, and a 10.00 straw cowboy hat.

I think of it as old time 3 gun; but no moving once a gun is cocked.

I wish that there was an SASS or similar that allowed competition without having to play dress up.