Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nov 8th North Texas Practical Shooters Match

For those of you in and around the North Texas section, Greenvile (NTPS) will be having it's monthly match this Saturday and it's one not to be missed!

I will be stepping in as the guest MD and to make this match a little different, I have selected (with some help) stages from past USPSA Nationals. See, I knew holding onto those match booklets was a good idea! So welcome to the Nationals Nostalgia Match! Nov_Greenville.pdf

The match fee is $30.00 for non-members unless this is your very first match at NTPS - the newbie fee is only $15.00. The cost is $20.00 for range members. An annual membership is only $25.00 a year so if you make it out at least twice during the season, put a crowbar to your wallet and join....

Hammer falls at 10am but I'll be there around 7:30am to do setup...Kindly show up and help set the stages as I certainly can't do it all by my lonesome little self...Map Link

Tell you what, I'll do a drawing for the folks who show up by 8:30am to do setup. One of you will get to shoot for free (I'll cover your match fee) and I'll dig up a little goodie out of my gun/hobby cabinet (it'll be a surprise to us both what I find).

So, do some dryfire, load some rounds, and show up this Saturday. Just think, if you win, you can say you won the nationals! :roflol:

Edited by carinab

It will be a blast Derrick! Look...no reloads! It will be so much better than leaving a trail of mags in SS. :roflol:

Is it Saturday yet?

We may have 6 or 7 from our side. What is happening? I didn't cause this...did I? :unsure:

I'm just having fun!

Bill

It will be a blast Derrick! Look...no reloads! It will be so much better than leaving a trail of mags in SS. :roflol:

Is it Saturday yet?

We may have 6 or 7 from our side. What is happening? I didn't cause this...did I? :unsure:

I'm just having fun!

Bill

Hey, at least I can find my way back to my range bag. :rolleyes:

There's turmoil in my schedule but I am hoping to make this match.

Kevin, ANY type of weather would be appropriate as the stages come from different Ltd Natl's anywhere from 94 to 04....And I can guarantee you I've shot in every kind of weather at nationals, heat, ice, rain, mud, pretty much everything!

I'm looking forward to shooting it myself!

What ?????

Did I hear Catfish and OPEN gun in the same sentence ????? :surprise::surprise::surprise:

What is this world coming to ?????

Next thing someone will say Hopalong is shooting a Gl@ck !!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Just kidding some of you, so don't take it seriously. I know just what one is and what they are used for. :devil:

Hop

What ?????

Did I hear Catfish and OPEN gun in the same sentence ????? :surprise::surprise::surprise:

What is this world coming to ?????

Next thing someone will say Hopalong is shooting a Gl@ck !!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Just kidding some of you, so don't take it seriously. I know just what one is and what they are used for. :devil:

Hop

LOL. I have no recollection, Senator! :ph34r::rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for coming out and shooting. A special thank you goes to all of you who helped with the setup. Michael K. was the lucky winner of a S&W gun pal screwdriver and bit set and he got to shoot for free. It was well deserved as he and "Josey Wales" did some hard work on "Clones II." I think having the props and number of tgts required on the WSB really made setup go quicker. Tear down was equally smooth and we were off the range around 3pm. Outstanding work all around and I'm glad that you all enjoyed it as much as I did. And btw, courses with hard cover and no shoots build character!

I'd forgotten how hard it is to MD and shoot at the same time. I was still putting the spit polish on a stage when my squad was already shooting! My first stages had a couple of no shoots and a time that required the use of a calendar. :roflol:

It definitely was a trip down memory lane for me. Just reading the old match books to pick stages was fun. "From box A, engage only T1-T3....From box B...." Yup, things have definitely changed!