Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slow Shotguns

Bear1142

How many times do you reach the pinnacle of your performance at the perfect moment in time? The time frame when your competing at your best right at the end of the season or right as your going into the biggest matches. Many of us never can quite synchronize the two. I personally, am shooting my shotgun better than I ever have. The door unlocked and I've stepped into the next wonderful performance level; Only to have my shotgun turn out to be a lead weight dragging my as* down. In the past two weeks of practicing, I've outshot my Benelli 3 times in about 15 runs. I would put clay 7 clay pigeons out on posts at different heights at about 10 yards in about a 10-13 yard spread going across in front of me. From the buzzer, I was averaging about 2.5 seconds. But as soon as I would really try to push the edge, the Benelli couldn't keep up. I had a 2.2 run going on the last run it gagged. My last three splits were .30, .24, .20, and then a big, fat, just had your puppy dog kicked, sombody pissed in your wheaties, CLICK! I was at 2.05 when it stopped. Now for all you calling BS on me, I had several witness on all occasions, and yes I'm using good ammo. in the Benelli (3 dram, 1 1/8oz., #8's). This is a speed issue, not an ammo issue. I was thinking about it last night before bed. How many times have we heard somebody say, this guns shoots betther than I ever will. Well, I've discovered, that's not alway true, and this little revelation is what I really hate.

Erik

The Benelli is keeping you down ..... I wish that I was that skilled .....

You should replace it with something to your liking and requirements say a Browning Gold???

How many times have we heard somebody say, this guns shoots betther than I ever will.  Well, I've discovered, that's not alway true, and this little revelation is what I really hate.

Erik

I do believe you will find yourself in the minority with this particular hate brother! ;)