Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

+5 Base Pads for Glock

srt205

I have some Dawson +5 and Arrendondo +5 mag bases on G35 mags. I can only get 17 rounds in the mags with the dawson and 19 rounds in mags with the Arrendondo.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is maybe?

Thanks,

srt205

It's basically tolerances. I run Arredondo +5's in my g24, and only load to 19. I can get 20 in there, but it's not reloadable.

You have to pre-settle the mags at about the 15 round mark. I bang the bottom of the mag on a table or piece of wood while pressing down on the top round with my thumb for each of the last 4 rounds. I would suspect the Dawson is the same. I'm pretty sure they both use the Wolf +10 springs.

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I had to reduce the overall length of my reloads to keep them from binding in the magazine. After doing so, they seem to load a little smoother and with less force. Still, I have to work on that 20th round a bit sometimes (Arredondo extensions).

It's basically tolerances. I run Arredondo +5's in my g24, and only load to 19. I can get 20 in there, but it's not reloadable.

You have to pre-settle the mags at about the 15 round mark. I bang the bottom of the mag on a table or piece of wood while pressing down on the top round with my thumb for each of the last 4 rounds. I would suspect the Dawson is the same. I'm pretty sure they both use the Wolf +10 springs.

My Dawson's will fit 20 but I only load them to 19 as well. I do the same as you do for the last few if it needs it. Sometimes they will load up fine sometimes I have to give them some force. Also check and make sure there isn't a burr or lip on the bottom of the magazine/top of the mag extension that something might be getting hung up on. That may be the case as well, and you may have to hit it with a Dremel or file and clean it up a bit. That would be for the Dawson's, it seems like your Arredondo's are fine loading to 19 rds.

I've got some Dawson +5s for my G22 and I can only fit 19.This is with the factory spring and follower.I haven't messed with them enough to figure out whats happening there.I wonder if maybe + power springs with coils cut off is the secret.Or,maybe the +5 rating is for the 9mm G17/34 mags.

I run taylor freelance extentions with ismi 140mm springs and they work just fine and will go 20+1 with the last round a little tight. On mine i had to sand the inside bottom of the mags to remove the lip on the inside of the magazine when I first got them. I started having some problems with the wolff +10% springs and went to the ismi springs and its a much better spring than the wolff and no more problems

I have the Arredondo +5 extensions for my G35 mags. My routine to get 20 is to load 5 hold the top round down and tap the bottom of the mag firmly. I continue to do this every 5 rounds till I have 20 loaded. This a reloadable mag by the way. Prior to each match I also completely disasseble each mag and run a silicone saturated rag down the tubes and wipe down the spring. During matches if the mag touches the ground it gets disassembled and wiped down again as well as any rounds that were in the mag at the time. I think you get the message by now. A clean tightly packed mag will hold 20 reloadable. That extra 20th round has made a difference during stages so the effort is worth it. Good luck.