Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon trimmer - after market parts?

Somewhere on the Forum I saw mention of an aftermarket trim die for the RT1200 trimmer.... "Said" to be a worthwhile improvement on the quality of the trimmed brass.

Anyone have any info on such a product?

Also.... I have heard (again "somewhere") that there is a trick to setting up the trim die that makes the finished brass a lot smoother at the case mouth,,,,?

:mellow:

help?

Merlin, if you are not doing this, try it. When you have the ram down and you are trimming the case, keep it down on the case and do 2 count. It cleans up the mouth and leaves it smooth if you let it run a little on the mouth after it cuts....at least it worked for me.....

Good luck,

DougC

Thanks for the info... I have yet to do any trimming myself but have spoken to a few who use the Dillon. I will definitely try the long count for the trimmer at ram down position.

I recall one of my buds saying that there was a right way and a better right way to set it up - with it being smoother if set "at an angle?"? I hope to get it operating where I do not have to do any other steps at the case mouth before loading for my AR....

Merlin,

FWIW,

I have been tossing them back in the tumbler after running my .223 through the 1200. It seems to get most of the shavings out of the case, and smooths out the small burrs on the mouth. And yes, I follow the 2 second rule mentioned above.

I am still hopeful to get the one step trim thing going on...... the RCBS 3 way cutter or something similar would sure be a nice add on...

As many machinists are involved with this forum yu'd think one could come up with something........D I C K

Hallelujah! :cheers: