Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let the flaming begin!

Bryan 45

I'm not a serious 3 gunner, I just like to shoot.

I also really like guns, all kinds of different guns....

Until last year, I used an 870 for shotgun, just because I like the 870. But, then I found a deal on a Benelli, so I've been using it this past season. It runs well with any load, it's easy to load, and it seems indestructible. Life is good....

But, I found a 1187 a few weeks ago w/ a 21" barrel at a nice price. Like I said, I like all different kinds of guns, so I'm going to give this one a shot. I'm going to get a Nordic tube for it, but wait and see if I can get use to loading it w/out the EZ loader.

DMAC, you just have to look around. The Benelli probably got passed over by a few shooters because of it's looks. It's an older Benelli, 20" barrel w/ rifle sights, fixed improved choke. It has the fixed extended magazine tube. Counting the shell on the lifter, it holds 9. The outside looks like it's spent some time in a trunk. But, like I said, it runs great. I think I paid about $550 for it at a little local shop.

The 1187 was at another local shop. It's in real nice condition, but I got it for $400 out the door. Add $50 for a +4 tube and $25 for an EZ Loader and I'm in business.

• 2 weeks later...

No flaming from me.

Even though I like that a Benelli is light enough to hold up and load weak handed, my bad shoulder doesn't like the recoil of the Benelli.

The 1187 will be just fine, if you keep it clean and lubed.