Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jon Merricks

Jon Merricks

Week 1 has been such a drag. I had forgotten how much work it was just getting the guns set up to my liking. Completly sitting up all new limited mags, thank god I saved my old open mags. Setting up an all new reloading room, well not my room. Thanks Larry. So much time working on triggers, sights, c mores, recoil systems the list goes on.

Limited: Tracking the sights ok but calling my shots much better than I thought I would. Draw times were ok but grip is not consistent. My visual patients sucks, I am not waiting for what I need to see. Could be due to the sub 2lbs trigger. Gun is running great. Trim rear sight, finish load work and it's good to go.

Open: mmmmmmmmmmm I still love open. Doing all the work to the new gun sucks, testing different loads sucks, blowing a case sucks, R&D sucks in general. But wow! I love open. Once I get this blaster ready I will be so happy. Do to list; omg don't even want to think about it.

Get in the gym and cut some weight fat boy. Get your shoulder back in shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok my first real practice day was a match, not a good combination. Had a penalty on 5 out of 7 stages.

Things I learned; being out of shape does affect your game. Not calling every single shot equates to penalty on 5 out of 7 stages.

Things to remember; I can call shots on swingers. Don’t pull off the target before I “complete” the shot.

It was good to have you back at the match. You shot well enough for your first match since returning. The stages you shot were not the easiest either with shots out to 35 yds in the field course. You were not alone in the penalty column as I saw several shooters have problems with the swingers. It was a beautiful day to shoot though. Glad to have you back, now how about staying around for a while.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Yup back at it again, maybe I will get to stay around a little longer this time. Got two guns built and pretty happy with how that turned out.

Starting all over equipment wise sucks.

First day of practice was more of a equipment test but was nice pulling the trigger for a while. Still have some skills but have a long way to go to get back to where I was. Pretty happy with how I was calling the shots and could see much more than I thought I would. Need to get more eye movement and trigger prep, a good grip is everything.

Will only get 2 or 3 practices in before my first match. Will see how that works out.

Got more this week than I have in the past 5 years.

2nd practice day went well. Seeing what I need to see. Need to get more eye movement on transitions don't forget to prep the trigger while you are at it.

One more practice before my first match since 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

Plagued with equipment failure and really slow times, I officially took an a$$ whoopin my first match back. Only one way to go now.... I think the guys I use to beat have practiced a little during my 5 year absense. :huh: Was really hot and I was dragging the last few stages. Need to rethink a few things.