Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are the thinest grip panels for a LTD.

kurtm

Just like the title implies what are the thinest grip panels for the Limited? Maybe something that needs grip tape?, very thin and smooth? I am looking for somethinmg that is bearly more than running it with no grip panels at all. Thanks KurtM

Just like the title implies what are the thinest grip panels for the Limited? Maybe something that needs grip tape?, very thin and smooth? I am looking for somethinmg that is bearly more than running it with no grip panels at all. Thanks KurtM

Take the original Tanfoglio aluminum grip panels and grind them down. They are already pretty darn flat. That is what I did, but then I added putty to shape them. They have an outside edge that sticks up but the actual panel is inset.

The smooth and checkered measure about 0.150" thick, hence why I called them H-150. Checkered may technically feel slightly thicker since they start as "smooth" and then material is checkering is applied to that surface.

We can make the grips even thinner, but they seem to fit most hands from small to large. I wear size 10 gloves and they feel good to me. Also gotten good feedback from shooters with small hands who really likes them. Probably the most efficient way to make the grip smaller is to sand off the front checkering. I do that to all my guns. That way front to back is a lot smaller and the gun feels better in my hands. Easy enough to do using a belt sander. I'm using a 1" belt on a Dremel Belt Sander.

I use Henning stippled grips on my limited,...and I have small hands. I noticed I could not always press the mag release well enough to facilitate a smooth mag release,....

I could have cut the mag release spring,.but I actually trimmed the area that allowed me to press the mag release with my thumb easier. This area you can trace out around your thumb and use a dremel, file, and 1200grit to smooth it out. I only took off a small amount,.enough for a channel to allow my thumb to have better access.