Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring targets with hard cover or noshoots overlaping

JThompson

Stage briefing/diagram identifies the Shoot targets on a stage, and it should do the same for Penalty targets (though NS's get added during stage setup, often).

When I run a stage, I try to treat the penalty targets as if they were like the scoring targets (T1, T2, T3, etc). That helps ensure that I score them properly. Nothing worse than seeing a NS get missed on one shooter's run...and then seeing it try to get tacked onto a shooter a few runs later.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, there is no rule, we just ignored the underlying targets, because it was the right thing to do?

This clarification, makes it part of the rules. That's a good thing.

I wanted to remove them; it seemed to be the right thing to do. However, as Flex mentioned, the wsb indicates the number of shoot targets. Counting the underlying shoot targets in a position where the wsb only indicated one target would cause far more consternation than even the partial non-existent target. :)

Eh, No! That's a totally different situation ...

Might be different.

Can you explain, how you were able to ignore the underlying target? Cite applicable rules for extra credit.

Remember the course description --- you know that piece of paper that identifies the number of targets, the number of hits scored on them, their locations in diagram form, and a host of other useful information?

Come on --- give us a break here.....

I'm not the one with the problem ...

And who, pray tell, is the one with the problem? :rolleyes:

Just as a reminder, this is the problem:

Target array is a no-shoot over a scoring target. The top of the NS head directly covers the bottom half of the lower A zone, with the lateral non-scoring lines of the NS *directly* over the A/C zone scoring lines of the scoring target. How is this scored?

What we are discussing are possible solutions to the problem. One solution, because it comes from the Director of the NROI, at the moment carries more weight in some circles than the solution which I and others see as more in keeping with the rules as written. Eventually, one solution or the other will wind up in a future rule book. It is the free and open debate on such matters which results in a rule book we can all live with. :)

I'm not the one with the problem ...

Given my level of work since starting in this sport in 2001, I'm pretty confident I'm part of the solution......

.....of course I could be wrong about that --- in which case I'm sure you'll be happy to point that out......

If you disagree with the official word, I'd say you have a problem.

I don't mean that to be confrontational, just that you will have prove your point.

:D

There are lots of 'official words' I disagree with and have no problem at all. I can't go further into that without getting booted from the forums however.

Silly shooting sport rules do not cause me to loose sleep. I play by the rules even while laughing at them and hope the powers that be have sense enough to see it my way and make appropriate changes.