Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 Phantom

The_Vigilante

I just finished buying a Phantom from Angus at the CZ Custom Shop there in Mesa with some custom work. I plan on shooting 125g LRN (Missouri Bullets) and would like to find a suitable COL for reloading these bullets. Anybody have any experience reloading these bullets? Thanks in advance

1.16" worked in my -75B. I don't know whether the barrel and chamber dimension are the same in the SP01.

FWIW, lead bullets with more bearing surface worked better for me. I've had good luck with the 122 grain LTCs and the 147 grain LFPs.

The consensus is that 147s and both Clays and Titegroup don't play well together - problems with tumbling. I've read here that Clays works well with the 122s, though.

In my experience 1.150" is a little too long in a double stack 9mm for Lead Round Nose. 1.135" is absolute max for this type of bullet, most guns as eerw suggests work a little shorter.

In a Single stack handgun 1.15" will work.

1.160" will work with conical nose in either single or double stack as the from of the projectile is narrower and the parrallel part of the proj is further back.

For JHP I load at about 1.125" for everything. This is due to the JHP being essentially a FMJ with the end cut off. So I set my dies up for 1.16" with FMJ and load the JHP at that setting.