Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caught my Cardiologist in a lie!

-JQ-

On going saga...

I called to get some MRI films from hospital to take to doc for second opinion. Radiology says they are still at Iron Mtn but they should be in today/tomorrow. I asked if they were sent back 'cause my doc just looked at them (That IS what he said). Lady says no he only looked at the report but not the actual films!

He told me yesterday he saw the films and confirmed what I had told him about them...previous evidence of a stroke.

I called him, acting dumb, and said I need the films to take with me, he said I can pick them up from his office tomorrow...they are still at hospital...but he'll send for them. I told him I'd just swing by hospital and get them with other records...WHAT THE...!!!

I'm so mad I can hardly type!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T LIE TO ME!

:angry:

Don't get me started on the Doctor and HMO crap or we will get this thread shut down in a hurry. I would confront the doctor and get another one. If he can't take the time to check the film himself, what else is he skipping?

I "fired" him last week...long story but I told him I was the project manager of this debacle and he is a sub-contractor. "If my subs aren't working out I kick them off the job" He called me three times that day trying to smooth things out...right!

Your doctor may have looked at the films on a PICS system. It could be that everyone is telling you the truth.

Nope...they are "too old" I was told and haven't been converted to digital format. The doctor has even joked about that hospital being slow to digitize.

Maybe I am in bizzaro world - up is down - truth is fiction...nope I sit here in the real world...

Next...

I fired a dentist several years back. Had a crown put in and he didn't care or didn't have the skill to properly set the distance to the next tooth, margin I believe it's called. End result was food was getting impacted into the area in quantities sufficient to feed a small Ethiopian. Gave the guy a chance to redo it and he balked. Fired.

I've been with my new dentist for quite a while now. Excellent work. Great guy. Just don't make an appointment around bow season. He won't be in the office.

For every health care professional that graduated at the top of their class there is one who graduated at the bottom. Have to filter out those who barely made the cut. Then filter out those that don't have the work ethic to do the job right the first time. Once you get someone who earns your trust hang on to them.

Radiology says they are still at Iron Mtn but they should be in today/tomorrow. I asked if they were sent back 'cause my doc just looked at them (That IS what he said). Lady says no he only looked at the report but not the actual films!

Maybe your doctor did lie to you, but....

perhaps the radiology people were mistaken. I remember before we went digital, the radiology department at our hospital had a hell of a time keeping track of the films.

And what lady said your doctor only looked at the report, and how would she know what he did or didn't look at?

I'm not trying to stick up for your doctor. But it is possible you're mistaken and have crucified the wrong guy.

Just my .02

I'm not trying to stick up for your doctor. But it is possible you're mistaken and have crucified the wrong guy.

Just my .02

HE told me he looked at them...and yet they haven't been shipped from Iron Mountain...in fact she just called me back and said they can't find them at IM and I may have to accept the fact that they are lost.

I have been mistaken in the past - and I'll be wrong again I'm sure...

I'm not trying to stick up for your doctor. But it is possible you're mistaken and have crucified the wrong guy. Sounds like you are to me...

Doctors are human and make mistakes. It has been my experience that they do NOT like to admit it...and tend to stick up for one another...must be in the hypocratic (sp) oath somewhere.

I'm not a physician...but unfortunately I do have a GREAT deal experience with them. And for that matter just because I don't have an MD, PhD, BFD doesn't mean I'm not...oh never mind :yawn:

I haven't crucified him YET...I fired him last week but he isn't taking the hint...and yes I'll be check with their billing department to make sure...just as I did when they performed the wrong test :surprise: on me week before last...yes there is MUCH more to the story that I will not be sharing here.

FWIW - His decision to send me to have surgery, or not, is based on these films...this is not a small matter. He's not telling me to have a wart removed...

This rant was not to slam doctors...just this one.

Some things I've learned recently about hospitals:

- If the hospital files an internal incident report for an error, it is immune from the discovery process (at least in MA)

- The hospital is under no legal obligation to inform you of incorrect medications given, or prescribed medications not given as ordered, during your stay. Doctors will not generally volunteer this info (even if they know), and the nurses aren't going to rat each other out by telling the patient.

- If they find the wrong medication was administered, NO RECORD of this administration will be added to your hospital record. The only clue in your hospital record is if they accidentally give you something that requires an antidote - in which case the antidote order will be in your record. This makes about as much sense as the police only reporting the intentional discharges of their weapons.

- If you die as a result of a med error, they will tell you what happened without mentioning the med error - for example, "your loved one went into respiratory arrest and we were unable to save him" ... without telling you if a med error induced the respiratory arrest.

- Nurse's aid is often the first bridge from welfare job. Think about what that means :)

Be afraid.. be very afraid :)

NOTE: This info is MA specific; it may very by state.

perhaps the radiology people were mistaken. I remember before we went digital, the radiology department at our hospital had a hell of a time keeping track of the films.
...in fact she just called me back and said they can't find them at IM and I may have to accept the fact that they are lost.

This is the point I was trying to make.

It sounds like your mind is made up. Sorry you're having so much difficulty. If there is anything I can do to help you out, please send me a PM.

I opened this to add a reminder.

Hate threads are for the opening poster to vent.

They aren't for discussions, nor rebuttals.

Please respect the opening posters place to go and (figuratively) yell his/her lungs out on top of a mountain.

- Admin.