Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 conversions and girlfriends

Matt Griffin

A g35 frame with a .22 coversion saw over 500 rounds from a new shooter on Sunday. She wouldn't quit until the box ran dry, and now she's dryfiring with a g19 I loaned her. I'd estimate she'll be in a match before December.

H.

You talk to girls!! :surprise:

J/K...I'm getting my wife to finally start shooting the MKII some.

You better watch out, she'll be better than you soon! :roflol:

Wait till you have to start reloading for her :blink:

My GF showed up one day with a springfield XD...and now shes gettin her friends to start shooting :surprise:

Congrats though, we've been having allot of fun!

There's definitely talent there, when she isn't flinching she tends to shoot 4-inch groups at 15yds, which is better than a lot of folks I could name. The plate rack was the real addiction, we need to repair/reset our rack at Silver Creek. It's a great tool for fun shooting.

H.

My wife had never shot a gun until we met, and she started out shooting .22's at plate racks. This quickly led to the purchase of an open gun. The rest is history. I don't think I'll ever regret introducing her to USPSA, but be warned of a few things that I've learned the hard way:

1. My wife beat me 1 time at a local match several years back, and she still had the score sheet in her purse when it was stolen from her vehicle 2 years later ;) . Needless to say, everyone we knew got to see that scoresheet.

2. I know we're talking about girlfriends, but if it goes farther, the following applies: When children come along, her shooting slows down a lot (yours, too, but not as much as hers). At least until they get old enough to shoot. Then, hopefully, you have more shooting buddies :) .

3. 2 shooters = twice the reloading time.

4. You won't be too scared of her until she starts hitting the moving targets. Then you realize that running will not save you if she ever loses it :surprise: .

Having said all that, I'm glad my wife likes to shoot and still goes to the range once in a while.

Congratulations! Enjoying the sport together is a lot of fun.

Edited by chemepharmd