Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multigun Nationals Feedback Thread

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IPSC handles the shotgun capacity quite well, your capacity limit is only required at the start, once the buzzer goes off load whatever your gun will hold. RO's only need to be able to count before the buzzer goes off and not during a COF.

Yet another rule that USPSA chose to change from its parent organization. If a Limited shooter wants to lug around a 15 round magtube then let them, they will have to deal with the problems that it presents. these rules do not have to be thought up most of them already exist and work quite well, years of use has proven that. it also eliminates having to decide what size ammo are you going to use to measure magazine capacity, 2.75" is the norm but if my gun will hold 3" and i want to shoot 3" then why should I be told that my gun must only 8 rounds now???? or what if i decide to use 2.5" shells to get around the mag capacity/ammo length problem. Also some slug and buck rounds are longer than shot loads so there goes more of your mag capacity or the possiblity that when your gun is checked by an RO or RM that you will accidently now hlld more ammo than your division requires, By simply going with capacity at the buzzer you make things much easier on the RO and the shooters.

trapr

I was planning to travel back to LA to work this match. Unfortunately, the project I was working on got accelerated and I had to cancel. The same project caused me to miss working/shooting at RM3G this year. So I'm sorry I can't offer any feedback on the match 'cause I wasn't there.

That being said, I'm excited by the feedback and ideas being offered. There's a saying I've heard a lot at work that goes "Feedback is a gift." I usually hear it right after I just received some. Sometimes it hurts and it's almost always a little messy. However, feedback is the catalyst that drives leaders and teams that are merely good to become greater than they ever imagined possible, when they listen and learn from it.

Best Regards

JJ and Whiskey have some great ideas. Pretty much the rest of this could have been cut and pasted from the National at Reno. It doesn't seem USPSA has picked up clues that have been left.

After reading this post the one constant is USPSA has forgotten the first two rules they should be following.

1. Have fun be safe. Lots of complaints on stage design and unsafe barrels

1. FPD Fun Per Dollar. USPSA must figure out the ratio of FPD to get people to attend. If it is location, time of year, location, stage design,prize table etc. It looks like USPSA is missing it.

Could we call it a National there isn't any National(s) for 3 gun.

I'm with Reg Shooter changing locations every year does place alot of burden on the club putting the match on. If the club has to spend a bunch of money getting the range ready and buying props, steel etc. let them have it 2 years and maybe they recoup some of their investment. The second year they should also have a better idea of how to do it also.