Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CV-2001 and autoflow?

Hello,

I am planing to buy a new Dillon CV-2001 tumbler. It is described as big and fast, but it misses the autoflow of the Lyman tumblers.

Has anyone tried to drill a hole into the bowl and to mount a small tube with a rubber closure. The tumblig media should pour out through the tube. A grid at the entrance of the tube will be useful to keep the brass in the bowl.

Don't drill it. I called Brian and ordered the BIG A$$ tumbler and the BIG A$$ separator, well the separator is GARGANTUAN in footprint just like Brian said it would be so I don't use it. I use the green RCBS one I have had for a long time. It will only hold a half a load from the big tumbler but it does have a lid that controls the dust somewhat, call it a wash between the two.

I use 2 five gallon plastic kitty litter buckets and drilled small holes in the bottom of one. Place the one with the holes inside the other, pour in the media and cases, and cover. Shake a bit and pour cases from the top bucket when the media is separated. Free, easy, zero dust.

I use 2 five gallon plastic kitty litter buckets and drilled small holes in the bottom of one. Place the one with the holes inside the other, pour in the media and cases, and cover. Shake a bit and pour cases from the top bucket when the media is separated. Free, easy, zero dust.

Larry, could you take some pics and post pleast? Think I wanna try this too.!

Thanks, Jimmy.