Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

can you disassemble buckmark magazines?

itchy

I'm still having issues with my buckmark. This time is was having feeding issues, even when using minimags. I was wondering if the magazines can be disassembled for cleaning?

Thanks,

Seiichi

I just wash mine out with brake cleaner and then a bit of oil to keep them from rusting. I have an easy 80K rounds on my Buckmark and the gun hasn't been cleaned 10 times total, the magazines probably less than 5 times. The gun has never had more than a field strip cleaning either. Each time I shoot it I add some oil and run the gun really wet. It keeps the fouling soft and the fouling pushes out of the places there isn't room for it and into places it doesn't hurt anything.

Stupid question.

Are they new mags? If so check them against your older ones and see if there is a difference. We discovered that some new ones have a burr on the front of the magazine body right at the top opening. This needs filling / stoning.

Stupid question.

Are they new mags? If so check them against your older ones and see if there is a difference. We discovered that some new ones have a burr on the front of the magazine body right at the top opening. This needs filling / stoning.

I bought 5 mags at the same time from Brownells. I ended up having to send one back.

I've shot about 2000 rounds with these mags. For the first 1000 rounds I didn't have any issues. Then I began having ejection issues, so I changed ammo. Now I've been having feeding issues. Looks like it's time to change frames.

Seiichi