Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Inexperienced Shooters

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if you are an experienced shooter complaining about inexperienced shooters doing RO work, why aren'y you volunteering to RO? That would solve the problem.

I think (if I'm getting the gist of the originating post) that when you've entered an above club level match, especially if you're traveling say out of state to said match, that you're expecting a certain level of S/O - R/O experience, and unless you have experience at the sponsoring range/club you're not expecting to have to S/O - R/O such a match. So I wouldn't fault anyone for not volunteering to assist in that capacity. That said, the first few times I ran our state match there were many competitors who helped me out by volunteering their time and expertise with stats, R/O'ing, etc. THAT is something compellingly laudable about people in our sport...their willingness to switch modes and pitch in where needed when they were really expecting only to compete.

Ok I live in WI, I travled to INdiana to work there state match(things come up and I had to leave early). Then 2 weeks later I worked Area 5 in Michigan, and just yesterday I worked the WI state sectional. I am still a newer RO but i worked with a very experienced RO and a CRO and both were very helpfull and told me a few things that I could have done better. I think new RO's should work and help with as many matches they can to learn as much as they can. I know I enjoy working them as much as shooting because you are always with a great group of people either way.