Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Elite/Custom Ejection Issues

vous

I use a Limited Elite/Custom and it is awesome. However my brass is ejecting a good 10 - 15 feet plus which is a pain if I am shooting where it is difficult to find your brass after.

I have tried different weight springs to see if that makes a difference but no joy.

Does anyone out there have this issue and found a way to cure it??

Edited by vous

I have exactly the same problem and now that I have started reloading again I would really like to solve it. Actually, at least in my gun, the problem is caused by too early lockup. Drag marks on the primers and throwing brass almost as far as the bullet both are signs of the same. My gun is a 40 but I suspect the locking geometry is identical to a 9mm. “solving” the problem isn’t really possible, but maybe you could help me find a work around.

At a forum here in Norway I found this solution.

post-4542-1221556961_thumb.jpg

The guy at the forum claims that this solved the problem in his CZ- sp01 (alt. 3 in the picture). The picture shows the angle of the ejector seen from the side. He also cut the end of the ejector to angle towards the ejection port (regarding the last sentence: mine came like that).

Edited by olp73

I have exactly the same problem and now that I have started reloading again I would really like to solve it. Actually, at least in my gun, the problem is caused by too early lockup. Drag marks on the primers and throwing brass almost as far as the bullet both are signs of the same. My gun is a 40 but I suspect the locking geometry is identical to a 9mm. “solving” the problem isn’t really possible, but maybe you could help me find a work around.

At a forum here in Norway I found this solution.

post-4542-1221556961_thumb.jpg

The guy at the forum claims that this solved the problem in his CZ- sp01 (alt. 3 in the picture). The picture shows the angle of the ejector seen from the side. He also cut the end of the ejector to angle towards the ejection port (regarding the last sentence: mine came like that).

I had been wondering about adjusting the ejector in that way, which I have done on my Para in 40 but have not been keen to as the ejector in the 1911 is alot thicker from the looks of it and can take a bit of "filing" while the Tanfog/Witness ejector looks too thin to mess with. As a matter of interest I don't have drag marks etc just brass thrown a long way!.

I don't have access to an SP-01 as no one at my club uses one so can't gauge the similarity of that ejector to the Tanfog. Does the forum give actual pictures of the tuned ejector as well as the diagram?

All my guns have always ejected the cases far. I set my gun up to feel good when I shoot and make sure they work, but I don't concern myself with where the brass goes. I think it's part of how the gun is designed, they all seem to do it. Changing recoil springs to try to change it is not a good idea. You might be able to adjust the ejector/extractor to change it, but you'll most likely cause a problem with function.

I've always been a firm believer that the further the case ends up from the gun, the more positive the extraction and the less likelihood of ejection problems. I had some problems at the Nationals with cases failing to eject but for the most part my rounds ended up about 20-25 feet from my gun and shoot out like a speeding bullet.... I think that's a good thing.