Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Milan Fall Classic Rescheduled

Due to severe flooding of the creek that runs through the middle of our range, we have rescheduled the Milan Fall Classic to October 4-5, 2008.

If you were previously scheduled, you will remain so. If you can't make the new dates, let me know. Refunds will be sent to those who pre-paid and can't make the new dates.

The squad list on the fall classic page is the one that I will use. Changes are again allowed. Registration is re-opened for those who could not attend. Cost is $30. Use the sign-up form, or e-mail me the required information.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we can't even get to the ranges. Our normally 1 foot deep and 2 foot across creek is now about 8-10 feet deep and about 50 feet across.

Frank

http://milanpracticalshooting.com

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the updated entry form for the new dates.

If you have already registered for the original dates, you don't need to do anything unless:

1. You can't make it - Refunds will be mailed to those who prepaid after completion of the match.

2. Need to change days

3. Want a lunch if you didn't order one, or don't want one if you did.

Hope to see you there.

Frank

wolverton@iowastateriflepistol.org

Edited to change form, and to add booklet.

2008entry.pdf

booklet.pdf

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

Before some of the folks start peeing and moaning.......Milan got around 8 inches of rain, and it is still raining....I think it is stellar that they made the call. It is too bad that a bunch of good folks made the trip today, but I am sure they got to see the problems and understand. PThe bridge that was put in for the Nats in 82 is damaged....if that tells you anything....one of the Movers and Shakers of the IPSC part of the club has a couple of feet of water in the basement right now.....

I got a phone call about a half hour after the decision was made, I was gonna shoot tomorrow.....Pretty good service if you ask me....

Please try and make the match in October....it will be a good one....

If anyone that traveled down wants to hit a match tomorrow on the way home, the Waterloo club is having a multiple classifier match going tomorrow in conjunction with the Iowa Points series match as well....

Regards,

DougC

We have picked up quite a few shooters (and lost a couple).

Sunday is filling up fast. I only have 13 slots left of 80. If that is the day you want to shoot, get on it :cheers:

There are plenty of slots for Saturday left (36).

Go to the website for more information such as the application, stages, squad list, ect.

Frank

We have picked up quite a few shooters (and lost a couple).

Sunday is filling up fast. I only have 13 slots left of 80. If that is the day you want to shoot, get on it :cheers:

There are plenty of slots for Saturday left (36).

Go to the website for more information such as the application, stages, squad list, ect.

Frank

As of now it looks like I'm still in! I put in for the time off on Monday and it wasn't rejected (yet) so we'll see... Hopefully the weather cooperates a bit better this time and the drive over from central Iowa results in a whole lot of good shooting instead of a blurry eyed trip back ;).

See you guys there!

I can honestly say that I thought more people would be dropping out than actually have.

We have 49 shooters for Saturday (34 spots left) and 68 shooters for Sunday (12 spots left) for a total of 117 thus far. No grandmasters yet though :(

Limited - 2M, 2A, 7B, 9C, 2D, 5U - 27 Shooters

Limited 10 - 3B, 7C, 3D, 3U - 16 Shooters

Open - 1M, 4A, 2B, 1C, 2U - 10 Shooters

Production - 1M, 1A, 5B, 7C, 1D, 11U - 26 Shooters

Revolver - 1B, 1C, 1U - 3 Shooters

Single Stack - 2A, 6B, 10C, 8D, 9U - 35 Shooters

Plaques will be awarded for High Overall for each division, and each class that has 3 or more shooters. Unfortunately, some of the plaques have the old dates on them :wacko: (the ones we ordered already... I have to get a few more due to classes filling up.

We are also awarding plaques for High Lady (We have 5), High Junior (4), High Senior (8), High Super Senior (6) and High LE/Military (5)

Time is getting short once again (2 weeks). Hope to see everyone there.

Frank

Wow... Sunday is trying to fill up again. From what I have been e-mailed, I have another 6 apps in the mail.

We have 12 spots left on Sunday. Saturday is looking to be the slower day with only 49 of 80 slots full. We currently have 120 competitors signed up for the two days.

Here is the update on who is shooting what:

Limited - 1GM, 2M, 2A, 6B, 9C, 2D, 4U - 26 Shooters

Limited 10 - 3B, 8C, 3D, 4U - 18 Shooters

Open - 1M, 4A, 2B, 2C, 3U - 12 Shooters

Production - 1A, 6B, 7C, 1D, 13U - 28 Shooters

Single Stack - 2A, 5B, 10C, 7D, 9U - 33 Shooters

Frank

Wow... Sunday is trying to fill up again. From what I have been e-mailed, I have another 6 apps in the mail.

We have 12 spots left on Sunday. Saturday is looking to be the slower day with only 49 of 80 slots full. We currently have 120 competitors signed up for the two days.

Frank

Better make that 5As in open... my class changed during the delay. :unsure:

Frank

Better make that 5As in open... my class changed during the delay. :unsure:

That is with your updated class. :cheers:

But... right after I typed this, I got two more entries... both limited. Add 1 B and 1 M... down to 29 slots on Saturday, and 12 on Sunday.

Now up to 122 competitors... with more apps in the mail.

I really need another RO for Sunday... if someone wants to shoot Saturday for free (and a free lunch).

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

Sitting once again at 122...

Slots left:

Saturday 27

Sunday 14

We are getting close to the point where it would make sense to just e-mail me your information and pay at the match. As long as I have your sign-in information on or before September 1st, I won't charge the late fee.

A word on T-Shirts. We only have 68 competitor shirts, (they were donated, so I can't blame them). Those that gave me their sizes will get what they ordered. Everyone else will have to fight over whats left :rolleyes:

I'm sorry about that, but I had to order them over 2 months ago (thinking the match was going to be in September), and I went off the numbers I had at the time and multiplied by 3. Then I got a rush of sign-ups. I don't know if the sponsor will want to make more shirts or not. He spent a lot of money on these. All of this on top of the fact that we weren't originally going to do them (added after I had the original sign-up form out there. One of the club members wanted to do them, so I said go for it as long as it doesn't cost us anything.).

I can't take t-shirt orders from anyone who has already registered, as I am sure that I have some registrations in the mail. Hopefully I can do better next time. I'm going to have to figure something else out. I've been told by a couple of other people that T-shirts drove them more crazy than anything else while setting up a match. Now I know why :surprise:

Frank

Down to the last week. Resquadding period has closed (unless I screwed it up :roflol: )

Price after midnight tonight (as long as you send your info in before midnight, you're fine) is $40 instead of $30.

I have 23 slots left for Saturday and 15 for Sunday.

We have 125 shooters in the following divisions...

Limited - 1GM, 2M, 2A, 8B, 8C, 2D, 4U - 27 Shooters

Limited 10 - 3B, 8C, 2D, 5U - 18 Shooters

Open - 2M, 5A, 2B, 2C, 2U - 13 Shooters

Production - 1A, 6B, 6C, 3D, 14U - 30 Shooters

Revolver - 1A, 1B, 1C, 1U - 4 Shooters

See everyone who signed up at the match. Weather is supposed to be A LOT better this weekend.

Frank