Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9x23 Brass

k tyler

Hi, I am considering changing my brass to 9X23. In order to see if its going to be for the better I need to find how much the brass is. The only places I have found only price it for 100 at a time. I will be wanting several thousand. Anyone have a good outlet? Any help would be great. Thanks Keith

Keith,

Try www.starlinebrass.com

They sell it for about $103 per 1K. I buy mine through either them direct or through Bulletworks. They sell it as 9 SuperComp. 9x23 is copyrighted by Winchester.

Liota

The Winchester brass is incredibly hard to find...you just have to keep cruising for it..it is thicker than the 9mmsuper comp brass and I like having it...I have gotten several loadings out what I have in use...

but the only readily available brass is the starline..good luck..

EERW is on the money - as usual. Try Wideners - they often have some 9x23. What brass are you using now? If its Starline .38 Supercomp or Super (or comparable) you will have to adjust your loads down to compensate for the lower case capacity of the 9x23.

I have personally sectioned 9x23 brass as well as Starline 9 & 38 supercomp and there is considerable difference in thickness, and thus case capacity (9x23 being quite a bit thicker). 9x23 was once a way to avoid the dangers of loading .38 Super to old 175 Major (and beyond) and using it in a totally unsupported gun like the 1911. Another (and better) solution to the problem is in the form of the ramped, fully supported barrel for the 1911, making the use of the original thick 9x23 brass optional. If your barrel is a traditional non ramped (and thus unsupported) 1911 barrel, use only 9x23 or stick to factory loadings of .38 SUper (which do not exceed old major).