Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My wife just had a slam dunk interview in Tulsa and it will likely pay enough that we will be relocating there. I'd love to hear from anyone that lives there.

I see there are a few USPSA clubs; that's the first thing I check when I think about moving. How active are the clubs? How many members?

I searched all the clubs on USPSA.org and none of them are uploading scores. Are they all dead? What about USSA? Do they hold local matches there? I only see two in 2008.

Are there any bad parts of town I should avoid looking at Real Estate?

Please PM or email me if you're from that area.

Thanks!

splashdown

Splashdown, I make the Oil Capitol match, One revolver and 30 to 40 other shooters. USSA now has a USPSA club that will start a monthly match starting the fourth Satuday in September. It will be their LPR Sectional match, one somettimes two revolver shooters and about 60 others. Red Castle is a drive Northwest. Many of the Oil Capitol and USSA guys go there also. And then you are about one to none and a half hours form OKC Gun Club in Arcadia, last time 6 Revolver shooters and 60 + other shooters. Bad part of town in Tulsa? Next door to me... Just kidding I don't live in Tulsa I just hit their matches when possible. good Luck rdd

There is a lot of shooting in Ok. Plus there are some of the best shooters in the world there, like Mike Seeklander, Phil Strader, Marsha Luton (IDPA). If you don't mind a bit of a drive (1-2 hours) you can shoot an action shooting match EVERY weekend. I had many aprehensions moving to Ok. back in 2003, but it has been ok, and I really like the shooting. I live only 6.5 miles from Oklahoma City Gun club in Arcadia, and life is good. The only down side I see is that summer SUCKS! Heat and humidity out through the roof, but that is coming from a Colorado boy so take for what it is worth. KurtM

Thanks for the tips. I'm glad to hear the clubs are active and that USSA will host monthly matches. Plus, I can apply to RO at the nats. Fun fun fun!

Miserable summers are understood. I'm from KC, MO originally. I love it up here north of Seattle. The weather is the best in the lower 48 (if you hate hot summers and cold winters). I will miss the weather, but not the astronomical real estate prices. We can easily afford a nice house in Tulsa.