Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan .38 super for IDPA?

PistolPete

I def. think I'm going to stick with a single stack because I really don't need another double stack. Having the single stack will make things different enough. Now I need to decide if I def. want to get a .38 super, .40, or 9mm. I'm leaning towards .38 super as I already have all the components etc. Plus, it would be cool to have a .38 super 1911 that isn't an open gun. If I decide I don't like the single stack I'll just order an Eagle and call it a day.

Well, I still haven't ordered this gun yet and I'm thinking of ordering it on Tuesday. I've decided to get either a 9mm or .40 Trojan 5". Trying to weigh the options between the two calibers and am kinda leaning more towards the 9mm. Since 9mm ammo is still pretty cheap I could prob. just buy factory ammo and call it a day saving me time from reloading? However, if I were to get the gun in .40 I could use it better in USPSA single stack?

and are there 10 round .38 super mags around?

Wilson has an excellent 10-round .38 Super mag called the model 47SX ("S" for Super, "X" for the Roman numeral 10, natch).

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_in...oducts_id=95206

Brian Enos carries Wilson products in his online store. I wonder if he can get those mags?

I've decided to get either a 9mm or .40 Trojan 5".

That's great Pete, I'm glad you didn't buy one yet, cuz i've got a used Trojan I can sell you for $5

I tied a knot in it to shorten it to 5 inch, and it's high cap, gotta have at least a half million of my kids in it.

Once fired.

Some things cannot be unseen...thanks for the mental image! :wacko:

I've decided to get either a 9mm or .40 Trojan 5".

That's great Pete, I'm glad you didn't buy one yet, cuz i've got a used Trojan I can sell you for $5

I tied a knot in it to shorten it to 5 inch, and it's high cap, gotta have at least a half million of my kids in it.

Once fired.