Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rubber Hogues on 625: What's the consensus

dagz

I want to know your take on the X-500 grips fitted on a 625.

The obvious difference is the rubber covered backstrap on the X-frame Hogues.

Is this better than stock?

Color coordination could be a plus factor since they also come in yellow and orange other than the generic black. :roflol:

The big difference between the two is where they position your finger on the trigger. I pull the trigger with the distal joint of my index finger (rather than the pad), and for my medium-sized hands the regular Hogues work the best.

3rd vote for regular grips. I also have medium-sized hands and don't like the larger grips. As stated in other threads, I like the Hogue Big Butt grips, though. The forward wood projection at the bottom of those grips allows my weak hand to provide a little more recoil control. Just my opinion.

I prefer the feel of the X-frame grip with the covered back strap, but I have fairly large hands. (I think they're even uglier than the regular)

Also.. I don't think the "extra squishy" ;) insert of the X-frame grip is a plus, not for fast double action. I think it may actually be adding to muzzle flip, even if it's only a tiny bit. I keep meaning to remove the insert and fill the void with harder silicone rubber, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I agree with the wierd squishy feel of the back strap. It is like a gel bicycle seat. I think it works against you shooting quickly. I have large hands and like the grip size so I went to a wood grip that was as large in the back and works perfect.