Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JR shooter needs help

My 17 year old son lives with his mom in Moline Il. This year he decided to come for the summer and give shooting a try. Well he wants to keep it up when it gets to Moline is any one from around there that wants to help him out he has a great start on the sport and will do well.

I am not sure about gun laws ect so any help offered will be appreciated.

Thanks

Randy

Edited by AWLAZS

I am originally from the good old Quad Cities, and recently went back for a NROI seminar at the Milan Rifle Club. It was led by Terry Fischer who seemed like a genuinely good guy. I would check out the practical shooting site, http://milanpracticalshooting.com, and try to get ahold of Terry.

Only thing I know about Illinois gun laws is that a FOID is required, Which is a Firearms owners Identification. I also think that you have to be 18 to buy a Handgun.

Hope that helps.

matt

• 2 weeks later...
I am originally from the good old Quad Cities, and recently went back for a NROI seminar at the Milan Rifle Club. It was led by Terry Fischer who seemed like a genuinely good guy. I would check out the practical shooting site, http://milanpracticalshooting.com, and try to get ahold of Terry.

Only thing I know about Illinois gun laws is that a FOID is required, Which is a Firearms owners Identification. I also think that you have to be 18 to buy a Handgun.

Hope that helps.

matt

I actual met you Rush, I sat in the NROI seminar and played the stupid shooter during the scenarios.

I am in the Quad Cities, webmaster for the milanpracticalshooting.com site, and all around involved shooting guy in the area..

Unfortunately I am moving to Colorado at the end of October, but I know a lot of great guys that would love to take JR under their wing.

Shoot me a message sometime and I can chat with you and give you some other people's contact info that are involved in teaching and instruction.

I'm up in Rockford IL, which is a bit of a haul from Moline. The Pinetree pistol club in Rockford shoots USPSA leagues every Thursday night, and a monthly match on the first Sunday of every month. There is also the Tri-County club in Polo, IL, which is a lot closer, but they only shoot once a month, and don't usually have quite as strong of a turn out. However, they do shoot 3 gun matches there.

With his age, he will basically have to have a guardian own the gun, and accompany him to the shooting matches. Or at least that is my understanding of the laws.