Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI magwell

tk4

I am considering switching to the steel sti magwell, but will the steel damage my mag lips more than the aluminum magwell?

I'm guessing you mean for 2011 and not the 1911? Anyway, I run a steel magwell on my IDPA eagle and don't have any problems....remember a magwell is for missed reloads....PRACTICE! :cheers:

I am considering switching to the steel sti magwell, but will the steel damage my mag lips more than the aluminum magwell?

I'm guessing you mean for 2011 and not the 1911? Anyway, I run a steel magwell on my IDPA eagle and don't have any problems....remember a magwell is for missed reloads....PRACTICE! :cheers:

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't the practice do more damage? Say I only shoot 2 (4 stage) matches a month. That is at most 10 reloads, If I actually practice reloads with dry fire and Live fire that could be a 1000 a month pretty easy. So actually you are much less likely to damage your mags lips if you don't practice.

But you probably won't get very good with out "said" practice. :cheers:

Edited by North

I run a stainless steel STI magwell myself and have never had a problem with it damaging the lips on my magazines. I honestly don't think it should be an issue unless you cram that sucker in there canted pretty hard or something.

Joe W.

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't the practice do more damage? Say I only shoot 2 (4 stage) matches a month. That is at most 10 reloads, If I actually practice reloads with dry fire and Live fire that could be a 1000 a month pretty easy. So actually you are much less likely to damage your mags lips if you don't practice.

But you probably won't get very good with out "said" practice. :cheers:

Then have a set of practice mags and a set of match mags. I practice reloads and shooting with 1 set and keep the match mags for matches only. Remeber you only need 3 mags for practice.