Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P 40 front sight

Txkid

I love my M&P 40 :rolleyes: after sending it back to S&W for accuracy repair. At 7 yards it was hitting at the 7 o’clock 4~5” off point of aim with a 3~4” spread.

Anyway, she is fixed with a lot of parts replaced thanks for the great warranty service from S&W…

OK now my M&P is repaired now I like to replace the sights to a more fast aiming front sight.

Any suggestions what to get :unsure:

Thomas

I believe that Dawson Precision has FO front sights.

Yep...the first mod done on my M&P 40 was a Dawson FO on the front. The rear Novak factory sight I can live with, but the factory front was awful for this game IMO. Give KenD a call and he'll hook you up.

Yep...the first mod done on my M&P 40 was a Dawson FO on the front. The rear Novak factory sight I can live with, but the factory front was awful for this game IMO. Give KenD a call and he'll hook you up.

Thank you for the information,

I was also thinking of using a Dawson front and Novak too but didn’t know if there is something better out there or not…..

Anyway, how did you remove/replace the front sight?

I also use my M&P 40 for Limited and love it!!! :roflol:

Thomas

I was also thinking of using a Dawson front and Novak too but didn’t know if there is something better out there or not…..

Thomas

A brass punch and a BFH (Big Hammer). Mine was on tighter than a ....

Thomas

A brass punch and a BFH (Big Hammer). Mine was on tighter than a ....

Thank you very much, that is what I thought. I was just wondering if there was a different way to remove the sight.

Thomas

You can send the slide to a smith and they can install one for you; if you are worried about doing damage to it.

+1.... this is the route I went after seeing how tight the original one was. No need to scratch the slide up.

I just received my new Novak fiber optic sights it seemed that they were a little too tight to fit so I had to use the sharing stone to shave off some metal to get the proper fitting + a little gun blue. It is a lot better than the original and I think (Hope) to do better that the next club match. :unsure:

Thomas

My additional 2¢

Some of you more experience guys might already know, but I am writing this for the novice guys like me.

How to brighten the Fiber Optics. :surprise:

I didn’t like brightness of the front fiber optic. This is comparing to my 22 Buckmark’s factory front fiber optic. Spike the fact that the Buckmark’s fiber optic is larger in diameter the brightness should be the same comparing the two under that same light.

The problem was that the rear side of the front sight (the side you see when you aim) was melted in to a big ball and distributing out the light that it collected and weakening the brightness. I saw a big difference specially when compared it with the new replacement rod.

Solution was to reinstall the front fiber optic melting the rear side into a smaller ball to concentrate the light and have the front side to an oversize ball to collect all the light it can.

I hope this helps fpr someone...... :cheers:

Edited by Txkid