Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Frames

combat tupperware

I don't get it. What's the purpose?

Interchangeability. Just the flexibility of having one frame and different top ends, etc.

Example, a G17 lower set up for carry or IDPA with another set up for USPSA. Just

swap the whole upper and you're done. The combinations are to many to list really.

Jim

If you were going to put an aftermarket slide and bbl on your Glock anyway, say a match .40 bbl and a slide that is already cut for a Bo-Mar sight, and then take out the trigger and put a Fulcrum trigger in from Glockworx, and a 3.5 connector, and well basically replace every part but the frame anyway, why not just buy the frame not have throw the rest of the parts away. It's just like buying a 1911 frame from Caspian, or STI, or any of the other dozen plus places that sell 1911 frames.

As far as the patent, Glocks ran out a while ago. That's why CCF can make frames. Same reason Caspian and everyone else can make 1911 frames.

For me the reason is that I cut my G17 frame down to a G19 size before I started competing and now I can't use it. So I need to get a full size frame again so that I can run it legally in matchs. Thanks for the information badchad. That really helps me.

If you were going to put an aftermarket slide and bbl on your Glock anyway, say a match .40 bbl and a slide that is already cut for a Bo-Mar sight, and then take out the trigger and put a Fulcrum trigger in from Glockworx, and a 3.5 connector, and well basically replace every part but the frame anyway, why not just buy the frame not have throw the rest of the parts away. It's just like buying a 1911 frame from Caspian, or STI, or any of the other dozen plus places that sell 1911 frames.

That exactly why I bought my bare frame. Why buy a complete gun and throw everything away why you can save alot of money by starting with a bare frame and working up from there.