Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dennis Ming "China Camp" passes

ChuckS

:(

From Michale Banes' website:

"Thursday, July 31, 2008

China Camp Passes

Sad, sad news...my good friend Dennis Ming, who as "China Camp" became one of the best cowboy shooters in history and the sport's first great champion, today suffered a fatal heart attack.

I don't quite know what to say...he and I shot on the same squad last month in the Wild Bunch match, and in the times between shooting he outlined the fun trips he had planned with his family...so much love and joy there! I said next time I was in California, he and Prairie Weet and Sweetwater and I could all get together for dinner.

Next time...time...

Jeanie and Jessie, my thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Life is a dream waking

Death is a going home

Posted by Michael Bane at 2:23 PM "

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2008/07/ch...amp-passes.html

More on a pretty amazing guy...

"Dennis Ming, Pharm.D.

Pharmacy Law Instructor

UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences

Dr. Dennis Ming received his Pharmacy Doctorate from the University of California San Francisco School of Pharmacy in June 1969. Upon graduation he was employed as a clinical pharmacist at the Orange County Medical Center which eventually became the University of California Irvine Medical Center. He worked in all the clinical departments and initiated a pediatric clinical pharmacy program. He rose to the position of Pharmacy Director in 1990 until his retirement in 1996 whereupon he embarked on a unique opportunity to open the first pharmacy in the history of Yosemite National Park. In 1998, Dr. Ming became the Director of Ancillary Services at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Angeles and in June 2000, he was hired as a Board of Pharmacy Inspector. Dr. Ming says the position of inspector is one of the most interesting positions he has held in that it allows him to see how pharmacy is practice throughout the state and not in one region or location for that matter. It also allows him to provide insight and assist in the drafting of new rules and regulations affecting the practice of pharmacy in California. In July, 2006, Dr. Ming retired as a supervising inspector but continues to work on a part-time basis for the Board. In August 2007, Dr. Ming was hired as the pharmacy law instructor at Western States University School of Pharmacy in Pomona. He regularly provides lectures on pharmacy law topics to local as well as state-wide pharmacy associations. Dr. Ming also acts as the Board of Pharmacy liaison on pharmacy compounding issues with the Food and Drug Administration and recently published an article in the California Pharmacist Association Journal on the status of current California laws affecting pharmacy compounding"

• 3 weeks later...

Jeannie and family...I will always keep the memories of you, Dennis, and the rest of your family at all the Soldier of Fortune mtches we went to...The team shoots were the best and I will miss Dennis as will the whole shooting community.

My prayers and thoughts are with you

Cheryl Current

Sad news indeed. One of the nicest guys around. My condolences to his family.

I first met Dennis back in '93 or so when I was match director for a local monthly 3-gun match. For a Cowboy shooter Dennis was damn fast as a 3 gun shooter. He sure made believers out of a lot of us that thought SASS shooters were slow...

This was around the era when he was a 3 time World Champion in SASS.

We shot together at a couple of the SOF matches in Las Vegas on the team events in 94, 95. Last I saw him was right after he broke his collarbone on a quad.

He will be missed.

Edited by GringoPerdido