Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rifle.

jros3e

Never even seen it before. Looks pretty cool. The action looks similar to an Accuracy International. Looks like it has all the features you would want.

I'm not sure if they're available here in the U.S.

Nick

jros3e seems to be in Greece. Maybe some of our international members have seen the Brugger & Thomet?

-ld

From their website:

Q: Can you send me a price list?

A: Most of our customers actually need quotations to follow their purchase procedures, thus we have found it to be a waste of time to create a price list in different currencies and languages. Select the product you want on our website and contact our local agent for a quote in your local currency. Once we get the request we only need half a day. Please do not contact us directly unless you are a full time professional military or police user.

Go to WWW.GAPRECISION.NET

George Gardner makes a top notch rifle for a reasonable price.

I have one and like it a lot.

JK

Just noticed you're from Wisconsin.

One of the best rifle smiths in the country lives close to you.

Charlie Milazzo.

If you 're interested in having Charlie build you a rifle then e-mail me at JKSNIPER@OPTONLINE.NET and I'll put you in touch with him.

Hes a great guy and makes a great rifle and has forgotten more about gunsmithing than I'll ever know.

JK

Just noticed you're from Wisconsin.

One of the best rifle smiths in the country lives close to you.

Charlie Milazzo.

If you 're interested in having Charlie build you a rifle then e-mail me at JKSNIPER@OPTONLINE.NET and I'll put you in touch with him.

Hes a great guy and makes a great rifle and has forgotten more about gunsmithing than I'll ever know.

JK

JK,

I'm always looking for good rifles but not in this case. I was just responding to jros3e who is in Greece after seeing what that rifle he was thinking about looks like. Wish I could afford something from Milazzo or anybody else for that matter.

We are lucky here in WI to have good rifle and barrel builders.

Nick

It looks a lot like an Armalite.

Armalite

But I believe it is the Howa Axiom model rifle. Here's a video.

Howa Axiom Video

According to testing by Zak Smith, accuracy leaves much to be desired at 2 MOA @ 100 yds with several commercial match loads. I wouldn't own a 2 MOA rifle.

Zaks article

Cost is between $800 and $1000

Howa Axiom

Oh, forgot to add my advice on the subject to the OP. You live in Greece, buy an Accuracy International AE or AW and be done. A finer commercial rifle is nowhere to be found and your European prices should be better than what we can find in the US.

After close observation on the B&T rifle it has an action very similar to the AI, but the bolt is different. It features the same 60* throw of the AI which is a desirable feature as well as the fact that it is a 3 lug action. The bolt handle also resembles the AI.

Another notable thing is the fact that they have Schmitt & Bender manufacturing a scope specifically for them with their own reticle. I've never seen one fo these rifles here in the US, it might be worth looking into. I personally don't like the stock and it appears to be specific of the action.

Let us know if you get a price quote on the rifle, I'd be interested in what they are getting for them.

I personally would not go for the Howa though, there are better rifles to be had for the price. The PSS and LTR rifles are the only rifles that Remington will guarantee accuracy on and it is at 1 MOA. Anything more than 1 MOA is not acceptable in my honest opinion. All of my rifles shoot .5 or better and that's where it's at!

For a great rifle, call George Gardner at GA Precision. Mug him for his load data and then provide credit card. DONE!

You WILL get a rifle that is simply awesome. I can HIGHLY recommend the Crusader.

Rich

Rich,

Check post#4.

I shoot his "rock" rifle and its great.

JK

George Gardner at GA Precision makes a great rifle, as does Jered Joplin at Patriot Arms or Terry Cross at KMW Long Range Solutions. Any of their rifles have accuracy guarantees and all will make you very happy, unless you are in another country. I have names of European smiths that can do you just as good a job if you need one.

Let us know if you get a price quote on the rifle, I'd be interested in what they are getting for them.

Today came finish gun magazine, where they had tested B&T rifle. Price of rifle+ S&B scope+suppressor+bipod+box+tools is 12 500 euros = ~18 380$

Pricey i think.... :surprise:

The scope is $3k without a special reticle, the bipod $200, the can $1k (if titanium), case $250 and the tools could go for $350. That's $4800 give or take, that leaves something in the neighborhood of $13,580.oo for the rifle. I would agree that is rather pricey.

The S&B on my Crusader cost more than the rifle. Buy the best you can afford on the rifle. Take a loan out for the optics. Great rule of thumb.

Rich

Rich,

I couldn't agree with you more. I have nightforce on my rifles and would love to try S&B.

• 1 month later...

Today came finish gun magazine, where they had tested B&T rifle. Price of rifle+ S&B scope+suppressor+bipod+box+tools is 12 500 euros = ~18 380$

Pricey i think.... :surprise:

Hi everybody and thank you very much for your replies!

After a long time waiting period my BT APR.308 rifle is here! The true price is 8 440 euros (about $11 500) include the rifle with all "goodies" except the S&B scope.

I have a Leupold MK4 Illuminated Reticle scope on the way.I prefer Leupold because cost the half and it is so good as S&B. I hope!

I will post many photos tomorrow since i will waiting my new camera.

Here is a few photos from my mobile.

The only think that i have to say is that this rifle is incredible!!!

post-5513-1223407363_thumb.jpg

post-5513-1223407452_thumb.jpg

post-5513-1223407468_thumb.jpg

post-5513-1223407480_thumb.jpg

post-5513-1223407491_thumb.jpg

post-5513-1223407500_thumb.jpg

You paid $11.5k for a rifle and you're worried about cost on a scope?

I like Leupy's too, but my my LR/T isn't close in quality to my S&B PM II.

Rich

I am worried for cost on a scope because i have and two Brazos pistols on the way!

I know that the PM II is the best.Maybe i will take it next year.

IOANNIS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...