Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

nightforce 2.5x10

bigbrowndog

looking to buy one and was wondering if anyone had experience with THIS scope, I know nightforce makes good scopes I own one. I want to know specifically about the 2.5x10?

good things or bad things, whether someone has one for sale or knows a good place to get one. It will do double duty on a 308 for tac rifle matches and hunting as well as possibly going on an AR for mid to long range carbine tac matches

thaks Trapr

Hey Trapr-

Several friends run this optic on their open div. rifles. Overall, they love the scope. I've shot it, but don't own this NF. Down side is the shorter eye relief and the NPR2 reticle lines (recommended as it offers 2moa spacing for hold overs) are a little thin. Also check out the new 2.5-10X32 NF. It was just announced. The current 2.5-10X24 obviously has a smaller objective.

For NF optic purchase, I can recommend these guys:

CS Gun Works: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&...23&t=525876

MSTN: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&...24&t=388760

Bill Shehan: http://www.scopeusout.com/nightforce-scopes.htm

Have done buisness with all of the above and all will treat you well. MSTN offers package prices for scopes and mounts.

Hope this helps,

Nick-

Sorry bro...I own the 3.5-15X NXS with Mildot reticle.

I like it just fine.

No experience with the 2.5-10 however CHandler of Iron Brigade Armory probably has them in stock and is a big proponent of snipers and designated marksmen using lower magnification scopes.

JK

Nightforce sent me one to do T&E on and thus far my impressions are extremely favorable to say the least. We are working on an article/write up including all of our testing data which has been quite rigorous. The article will have lots of pics and info on the scope, if you're interested let me know and I'll link you to the article when we get it all finished.

• 3 months later...
I've been checking out the prices of the new 2.5-10x32 and it looks like they have a MAP of $1241 for the non-zero-stop model I'm assuming.

Is anyone selling them for less than the MAP?

Thanks,

Nick

If they were, they certainly wouldn't want that advertised. That's how dealers lose their dealership. Nightforce doesn't play when it comes to their pricing. They set a floor and no one can sell below that or they WILL get their dealership pulled.

I've been checking out the prices of the new 2.5-10x32 and it looks like they have a MAP of $1241 for the non-zero-stop model I'm assuming.

Is anyone selling them for less than the MAP?

Thanks,

Nick

If they were, they certainly wouldn't want that advertised. That's how dealers lose their dealership. Nightforce doesn't play when it comes to their pricing. They set a floor and no one can sell below that or they WILL get their dealership pulled.

That's what PMs are for :cheers:

Nick

• 8 months later...

Any updates or linkes to T&E results for the 2.5-10x32. I am ready to pull the trigger on one so to speak and want to make sure its what I want. Also what focul plane is it. I am a bit unfamiliar with Nightforce. This will be my first.

This 20" AR is my intended application. It is extremely accurate out to 200yds. I would like to play around at 600 yds and see what it (and the shooter) can do. Who knows what else later. Most of the glass i own now is for my 3-gun game guns and really stretching their (mine?) limits after 400yds.

post-6767-1248373326_thumb.jpg

Edited by mpeltier

For size and weight purposes, I'd go with the 2.5x10x24, and probably with NP-R2 reticle (the NP-R1 isn't available). If you were hunting, I would recommend the 2.5x10x32 for light gathering purposes, but for a competition gun, the 24mm makes for a nice tight and lightweight package. As a side note, if it were me, I might wait a few more months and see what NF reveals at the 2010 SHOT show. Knowing what I know, to include your intended application, you might be happier with a not yet released model geared towards combat applications (and 3-gun).

I hear ya----But that is a horse of a different color. If the 1-8 comes to be and is the holy grail (and it will have to be real good to get my Z6i off the mount)of three gun scopes, Ill get one of them then, for one of my game guns. This is not a rifle destined for 3-gun. It is simply a rifle to have a little long distance fun with and maybee a prarie dog hunt or coyote control, etc.

I was hoping for a review of this scope as was mentioned in an erlier post. Has that been done yet?