Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACOG / J-Point Dot Mount

maineshootah

Hey all,

I am currently running a JP side sight on the free float of my AR about 5" down at the 1 o' clock position.

I am having a hard time getting my cheek down far enough to pick up the dot FAST. I do have several (5) shims under the sight to raise it up a bit.. however it is still a bit low and slow for me in this high speed low drag environment. :angry2:

So... I was wondering who has experience with the Arredondo ACOG / J-point Dot Mount.

Linky linky

Anyone with experience?

How does the mount connect to the bottom of the ACOG?

Likes / dislikes?

I'm getting out of 3 gun so I'm selling my scope setup.

TA01nsn cross hair 4x32 with 8moa jpoint with arredondo sight and custom mount.

mounted on an LT-100 larue. $1100.00 let me know if you know someone who is getting into 3gun.

here's another picture:

NOTICED I DIDN'T DRILL A HOLE ON THE SIDE OF THE ACOG!!

BUT MADE A MOUNT INSTEAD. IT IS A FAST AQUISITION FROM ACOG TO JPOINT!

post-4289-1217388231.jpg

I have both. The Burkett lives on my main Open AR in the "Jerry" position (all the way back where the rear sight would be). The JP/ACOG lives on top of my parts bins.

The ACOG, at least for me (and everyone else who tried my rifle) puts the JPoint too high. Chin weld v. cheek weld :rolleyes: Rolling the gun from the scope to the Burkett mount dot is the same head position.

Alex

So do you need to use two pieces now?

100003301.jpg

and

img_1150822641_14914_1156948638_mod_280_210.jpg

Is that the best way for now?

I have the bottom mount currently on a rail off the hand guard.

The JP sight on top of the ACOG is too high for me as well, I am not a fan, a fella at the club has one and I too loose cheek placement.

The Burkett mount needs to clamp to a rail to hold the sight, my ACOG is all the way back, covering all the rail space.

Shooterbenedetto, How does the Arredondo differ in your setup? It looks like you have to drill into the ACOG mount to screw the Arrendondo mount into it?

So do you need to use two pieces now?

100003301.jpg

and

img_1150822641_14914_1156948638_mod_280_210.jpg

Is that the best way for now?

I have the bottom mount currently on a rail off the hand guard.

The JP sight on top of the ACOG is too high for me as well, I am not a fan, a fella at the club has one and I too loose cheek placement.

The Burkett mount needs to clamp to a rail to hold the sight, my ACOG is all the way back, covering all the rail space.

REGARDS,

SB

Shooterbenedetto, How does the Arredondo differ in your setup? It looks like you have to drill into the ACOG mount to screw the Arrendondo mount into it?

YEP!! i JUST TOOK AN ALUMINUM SQUARE STOCK AND TAP 2 HOLES AT THE BOTTOM AND TAP 2 HOLES AT THE TOP TO MOUNT

THE ARREDONDO MOUNT. IT REALLY IS A GREAT SET UP AND FROM USING THE ACOG, YOU JUST NEED TO TURN THE GUN VERY SLIGHTLY TO SEE THE JPOINT..i TRIED THE BURKET MOUNT AND I LOOSE THE DOT ON JPOINT AND HAVE TO TURN THE GUN A LOT!

I ALSO CONSIDERED TO JUST DRILL TO THE SCOPE MOUNT RATHER THAT PUTTING 2 HOLES IN A $900.00 SCOPE?

Edited by shooterbenedetto