Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip stippling for M&P...

Xfactor

Now that I finally got my new M&P Pro, I'm thinking of stippling the grip insert and front strap myself. From what I understand, it just requires a soldering iron, a steady hand, and a little patience... but for those that have done it successfully already, I'd really appreciate any tips/advice/words of caution, etc.

Thanks,

The best technique for the money is to send it to Dan Burwell and have him do it. It's fairly cheap and he does it for a living. www.burwellgunsmithing.com He's located in Duncansville, PA.

STI grips are $100, the M&P receiver is the gun. JMHO.

The best technique for the money is to send it to Dan Burwell and have him do it. It's fairly cheap and he does it for a living. www.burwellgunsmithing.com He's located in Duncansville, PA.

STI grips are $100, the M&P receiver is the gun. JMHO.

Try Get'nGrip jim@getngrip.com

or DVCJim on this forum

xfactor, look at the link that homie provided..it's a great starting point. This IS something you can do yourself. I bought a pair of spare inserts from Speed Shooter Specialties to practice on, so even if I destroy them while learning, I'm only out $3 per insert. Slow and steady, and low heat on the iron. It CAN be done. Good luck!

Try Get'nGrip jim@getngrip.com

or DVCJim on this forum

Dang Fred did you get me confused????

dvc40jim and getngrip are not one in the same.

Just the same as a first project I would not work it on a frame like the M&P. STI grips can be fixed or replaced pretty easily but the whole frame is another story. No one has been doing the grip reductions, stippling or enhancements for longer than we have so don't hesitate to give me a call.

xfactor, look at the link that homie provided..it's a great starting point. This IS something you can do yourself. I bought a pair of spare inserts from Speed Shooter Specialties to practice on, so even if I destroy them while learning, I'm only out $3 per insert. Slow and steady, and low heat on the iron. It CAN be done. Good luck!

Thanks guys. I have 2 small grip inserts that I know I'll never use, so I was thinking of giving it a shot on those... and if they come out good, I'd move on to the large inserts. I would only try it on my front strap if things went REALLY well! :unsure:

If things don't go well, I'll send it off to one of the experts!!