Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ask for help

Jman

Funny. You won't get much if you don't ask. I'm fortunate to shoot with some amazing competitors. I've been leaving WAY TO MANY points out there and have become a bit frustrated. Some GM's and Master class shooters have noticed my hangin' head and silent swearing. :angry2: So I ask...Watta Flog am I NOT doing!!?? Sort of a flood gate opened. A MD and a great Open GM drags me threw the stage. What I'm not doing is TRUSTING. He simply showed me the weakest element of approaching the stage. HAMMER 'em at 5< yards and MOVE. Just being to deliberate at those distances. Hammer them and MOVE. :) Me likes.

Jim

Funny. You won't get much if you don't ask. I'm fortunate to shoot with some amazing competitors. I've been leaving WAY TO MANY points out there and have become a bit frustrated. Some GM's and Master class shooters have noticed my hangin' head and silent swearing. :angry2: So I ask...Watta Flog am I NOT doing!!?? Sort of a flood gate opened. A MD and a great Open GM drags me threw the stage. What I'm not doing is TRUSTING. He simply showed me the weakest element of approaching the stage. HAMMER 'em at 5< yards and MOVE. Just being to deliberate at those distances. Hammer them and MOVE. :) Me likes.

Jim

It's great being a part of a sport where people are always glad to help out. I posted a video on my last match, and someone 3000 miles away spotted something wrong with my grip that I didn't even know I had. It's great.

MadMan

Thinking on this more. Kind of got way to comfortable with a cadence. But that cadence only works well on targets at 10+ yards. Getting mostly A's out there and getting them pretty quick. But, I need to treat the targets 7 yards and in more like free candy. :)

Jim

...I need to treat the targets 7 yards and in more like free candy...

For me, at least, it's way too easy to sling two shots at a close target and assume I saw what I needed to.

Take them aggressively, but don't take them for granted.

splng edt

Edited by kevin c

...I need to treat the targets 7 yards and in more like free candy...

For me, at least, it's way too easily to sling two shots at a close target and assume I saw what I needed to.

(Take them aggressively, just don't take them for granted.

)

I like the way you said that!!

its great when you can be on a stage walkthrough..turn to anyone and ask..how you going to shoot that??

and from there you will get a few plans and reasons why that would work.