Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Props being too heavy/akward

Anyone got a spare airplane fuselage complete with exit row seats and door we can borrow?

I bet the guys at Mythbusters could find us one!!! :D

Make the whole match theme "Twilight Zone" while you're at it... :D I can see other stages.... "Start position - seated at bar, weak hand tied to board, Zippo in strong hand, RO standing with cleaver held above weak hand pinky. At start signal flick lighter once - if lighter lights, free hand, retrieve handgun, and engage targets as available. If lighter does not light, RO will amputate shooters weak hand pinky finger...." :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read about this stage in the last issue of the USPSA mag. My first response was that it was an unfair advanatge for someone my size (6'2", 250#). Of course, then I thought about low ports and fast moving stages and I realized that this is probably the rare case that being my size is beneficial. Not to mention it sounded fun.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone got a spare airplane fuselage complete with exit row seats and door we can borrow?

I bet the guys at Mythbusters could find us one!!! :D

Make the whole match theme "Twilight Zone" while you're at it... :D I can see other stages.... "Start position - seated at bar, weak hand tied to board, Zippo in strong hand, RO standing with cleaver held above weak hand pinky. At start signal flick lighter once - if lighter lights, free hand, retrieve handgun, and engage targets as available. If lighter does not light, RO will amputate shooters weak hand pinky finger...." :lol:

We did have a airplane fuselage complete with a pair of seats at a club match [Clairton PA] several years back. One of our members obtained the equipment from the airline he works for. It was previously used in their training program.

Actually, what we had was the two halves of a mock-up fuselage, from the plane's floor level to just below where the storage compartments would be. The portholes ended up at lower-chest height when the plane walls were in place parallel to the fault lines forming an "aisle" down the center. We removed the Plexiglas windows, as it would not have been smart to shoot through them. Terrorists with hostages were visible to both sides of the aisle as you went forward.

The shooter started seated and buckled into the "rear" seat of the plane [the pair of seats allowed both right and left handed shooters to free the seatbelt with their strong hand or weak hand]. On signal, shooter would release the seatbelt, retrieve loaded gun from a table in front of the seat, and engage targets as they became visible through the portholes. When you got to the "front" of the plane and went through the simulated cockpit door, the scene opened out to a target rich environment of terrorists with hostages [poppers, metric paper and noshoots].

The loaded guns were not holstered to start, because of fear that someone would snag a gun on the seat belts.

It was fun stage, but a lot of work to set up for a club match.