Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LONGSHOT data

TBF

Latest hodgdon data book (the one that is published as a magazine ) has omitted longshot data for handguns, I contacted them and this is unintentional. Last years data is still good.                                                    .       Anyone else LOVE this powder in 45acp & 12ga. ???

• 1 year later...

should be called loudshot instead of longshot...its an awesome 12 gauge powder...cant say i really care for it in the 45 though...200 lswc at 1000 fps made awesome pin loads nonetheless..

the large powder charge and low pressure seems to be a touch dirty.

will makes some awesome loads though 1.125oz of lead at nearly 1600 will make lots of folks smile :)

Man this is an OLD thread.

This refers to the 2003 data book.

The current 2004 data book has more LONGSHOT data than ever.

I still love it for pin loads !

Especially in 12 ga. ( 1 1/8 oz at 1550 FPS over the chrono ) :wub:

Unfortunately this load has been banned from a local pin shoot due to the possibility of sticking a pin in the ceiling mounted lead trap at 25 yards....

Gotta love that !

Travis F.

• 2 weeks later...

kingman,

did you ever achieve a major load with longshot in the tribrid 9mm?

also is this a 6 inch tribrid gun, or a five incher?

most folks dont believe its loud, but i noticed it was loud in my glock 9mm and that was a just a minor 9mm with no ports...i can imagine that in a hybrid, its like a lil nagasaki every time you touch one off!!

tribrid 9 not running yet, will have it in my hands sunday.

Did make major easily in a super though. I started short of a load one of my friends mentioned and it went 185+ pf dropped it back alot and have one heck of a flat shooting super load. I am using about 8.4 on a zero 115gr jhp.

LOUD does not describe it though.

I will update on the tribrid once I get it shooting. It is a 5" on comander slide, wanted something really short and fast. Not sure how I will like it but hey gotta try some stuff sometimes.

ahh the pursuit of the loudest open gun load known to man.

there was a man using longshot in one of his supers at a local match it was one of them new fancy short guns...

one would think the powder charge reached critical mass when he dropped the hammer on one.. i think this reminds the ROs of the 9X25 of yesteryear <_<

I just started working up a load for my 38 supercomp with Longshot. I am using 8.0 grains, with a 124 bullet, and small rifle primers. This load made 168.75 in one of my guns, and 169.13 in the other. both guns have aet hybrid barrels and are shortys. I like the room it leaves in the case, it doesn't spill out as much as other powders.

Ok, here are some details from experimenting

7.6 won't make major with a 5" tribrid 2 about 130pf.

8.1 won't either and did not gain much. Came out about 140 pf.

10.7 of WC818 a military powder for subguns came out at about 150pf.

11.3 of WC818 is giving me about 161pf with little signs of pressure

will try 11.7 tommorow.

By the way an RO's I am sorry for you new need for hearing aids.

• 2 months later...

I love this powder. I have been loading my .45 with it for pins and I swear by it. I agree it is a really barky load but boy does it carry the pins!!

Here is a photo of me shooting my pin gun in .45 ACP with a 185 JHP from Sierra and about 8.2 grains of Longshot. lol

mwpb011.jpg

Here is a better shot of the gun itself.

pingun2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...