Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

slide stop

pevadijk

I've installed a new EGW slide stop (the cast $22 version) on my 9mm STI Edge, but I've question though.

The EGW didn't fit completely, so I had to remove some metal to give the inside and underside of th slide some room..........but when I put everything together, it looks like the barrel link needs a little more room, since I have to close to slide with my thumbs for the last 2-3mm's.

Should I remove some metal from the slidestop axis, or should I shoot it for some rounds to 'hard fit' it?

The pin that came in your gun was probably a .197" pin, and the EGW is .200" like it is supposed to be.

Do you have the capability to turn JUST the portion that the barrel lugs ride on down a thousandth at a time? If so I would do so. If not I would order a .197" pin slide stop and put it in.

Do you have the capability to turn JUST the portion that the barrel lugs ride on down a thousandth at a time?

Yes, I think I can.

I was thinking of removing tiny bits of metal from the middle of the (underside) of the slidestoppin and doing so, at some point there must be enough room to make it cycle smoothly.

If I cycle the pistol by hand, with the recoil spring assembly removed, it seemd pretty easy to 'feel' if things go smoothly on the inside......

A friend of mine told me to just shoot and this way the parts should 'wear in', but I'm afraid the barrel link is going to break.

I've installed a new EGW slide stop (the cast $22 version) on my 9mm STI Edge, but I've question though.

The EGW didn't fit completely, so I had to remove some metal to give the inside and underside of th slide some room..........but when I put everything together, it looks like the barrel link needs a little more room, since I have to close to slide with my thumbs for the last 2-3mm's.

Should I remove some metal from the slidestop axis, or should I shoot it for some rounds to 'hard fit' it?

If there was no problem with the old slide stop, use that one.

The pin that came in your gun was probably a .197" pin, and the EGW is .200" like it is supposed to be.

Do you have the capability to turn JUST the portion that the barrel lugs ride on down a thousandth at a time? If so I would do so. If not I would order a .197" pin slide stop and put it in.

Where can you get a .197" slide stop? That would be a much better solution that modifying the gun to fit the EGW part.

Hacking up the EGW slide stop would be a last resort. Save it for when you have many many thousands of rounds on the gun.

Edited by wide45