Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Website construction/hosting resources?

We'd like to update the club website and are looking for new hosting options.

Is anybody aware of web hosting resources for gun clubs? Of course, cost is a consideration. Is there anything available through USPSA, NRA, etc? We're already checking on 'community' level internet services. The club is a non-profit entity.

Thanks for whatever info you can share.

If you've got someone available who's just a little bit of a geek, use Microsoft Office Live for web hosting. I maintain our club's site with a very limited amount of time available. The service includes reports, something like 10 email address, free domain name, etc.

Take a look at our site: www.wnyppl.org

Here's the MS link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office_l...=CL101750181033

Go Daddy has pretty reasonable prices and their service is top notch. They also employ at least one forum member (not me). I do web work for a number of non-profits and have tried a lot of the hosting services out there but have been moving everything to Go Daddy because of their rates and service.

My experience with boutique web hosts that specialize based on a hobby are that they are very well meaning but their service sucks.

I've had great luck with

www.hostmysite.com

Reasonable rates on hosting and domains (domains free somehow but I don't recall plan)

They also have a"site builder" with templates. I haven't used the templates but they look nice.

The BEST thing is that I have ALWAYS got to speak with a person right away and that person is usually the one who can answer whatever probs I've called about...GREAT CS!