Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wolf Primers

mscott

I jumped in with a few other guys and bought 5k sm pistol and 5k sm rifle mag. Wolf primers. After shipping and hazmat they come out to $93/5k. That's a pretty good savings considering Winchesters are $123 + tax locally. I loaded up 200 rds and they all went bang. They run through the press just fine, however they do seem a bit harder to seat than Winchesters. I shot them through a Glock 24 with a factory striker spring, so I don't know what might happen with a super light trigger job. I realize 200 rds isn't much of a test, but I'll load some up and shoot them at a match this weekend.

I jumped in with a few other guys and bought 5k sm pistol and 5k sm rifle mag. Wolf primers. After shipping and hazmat they come out to $93/5k. That's a pretty good savings considering Winchesters are $123 + tax locally. I loaded up 200 rds and they all went bang. They run through the press just fine, however they do seem a bit harder to seat than Winchesters. I shot them through a Glock 24 with a factory striker spring, so I don't know what might happen with a super light trigger job. I realize 200 rds isn't much of a test, but I'll load some up and shoot them at a match this weekend.

I've used them in my G17, G34, G35, and G24, with and without comp triggers and light striker springs and had no issues. I've gone through about 500 in testing. I have seen some others test rounds not go boom, guestimate about 1 out of ever 1500 or so. They are about the same hardness as the Winchesters. Haven't tried the large pistol primers yet, but had a friend try them in his S&W 625 and they would not go boom with his light (Fed primer only) trigger.

Scott, I've been using them for a while now. My range gun, a Glock 21SF, has a light stricker spring and they all go bang.

Bronson7

They definitely are harder to seat than winchester.

One other thing I ahve found is that they do NOT play well with my vibraprime, which sucks as my wrist does not like loading primer tubes by pushing on a jillion primers.

They definitely are harder to seat than winchester.

One other thing I ahve found is that they do NOT play well with my vibraprime, which sucks as my wrist does not like loading primer tubes by pushing on a jillion primers.

They seat well in my .40, but very hard with 9mm, so I just use them for .40.

Have anyone tried it on a 9major open gun? Thanks in advance.

Yes. I gave some to our Area Director & loaded & shot them all with no issues. They were the standard Wolf/PMC small pistol primer.

I'm about 1000 primers through a sleeve; no issues in my Glocks, M&P or any of my 75s (SP-01, Jericho 941).

Have anyone tried it on a 9major open gun? Thanks in advance.

Yes. Seat can be a bitch... also had some issues with consistent size. There were issues with the primer bar and had my two first ever ftfs. I will not buy these again. SPyes.... but SR no.

I have run 30+k of the SP so far and have had no issues with them. They are virtualy identical to the WIN SP in performace and apperance. At 2/3 the cost of WIN what is not to like. I shoot them in an SP01 with a clipped 15lb main spring and have nerver had an ftf. My Barsto 40 seem to like them as well.

Matt