Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 For 22 Steel Challenge

Paul Burtchell

I've read what I could find on the forum but was wanting some more info. from the steel shooters on the forum. I have an STI 2011 6" Fat Free Benny Hill Limited gun that I would like to set up for rimfire steel challenge. I would like to add a red dot scope as well and shoot in Open division.

What's the best route to go? TacSol or the new STI conversion?? Best red dot scope and mount? I can't seem to find much info on either.

Are these conversions reliable or is this something my gunsmith is going to have to tweak to get to run 100%?

I'm all ears and thanks in advance.

Edited by baerburtchell

I can't speak about the STI conversion, but the TacSol is SWEEEET!! At the Wednesday night steel match after the BJ Norris class my 9YO shot one of Dan P's converted 2011 in open, and it worked great. In fact, the little turd beat me on Five to Go!!!

I also got one of the AR conversion kits and that is another fine piece of equipment! I can't say enough good things about those guys. Good equipment, and great supporters of the sport and the shooters!! Way to go TS!!

Adios,

TG

My TacSol is in the mail, after reading up and some forum discussion I

went with the TacSol because they are the only ones with Aluminum mags.

Hear nothing but good things, we'll see !!

I have a marvel that runs pretty good with the right ammo, Mags are kinda pricey but the Tacsol sti mags will likely be just as much ( i have seen their single stack mags and construction is excellent) I have a c-more on the weaver top and accuracy is better than i can shoot.

Any one should work well for you. Realize the mags will be expensive and you will have to pony up, but you will be happy in the long run. You will need a mainspring around 17-18 for best results, and make sure your hands dont rub on the slide. You will need to clean it every couple hundred rounds. That is about it. Have fun!

DougC

Paul,

Hands down go with the TacSol, especially if you're shooting a Limited gun frame and want to mount a dot. The STI/Marvel conversion itself seems well made, but it doesn't have a smooth scope mounting solution and the magazines are plastic, instead of aluminum barstock like the TS.

The TS does a cost a bit more, but it is well worth it, I have had mine on about 5 different frames (2 Springer, 2 STI, and 1 S&W Sc) without any problems. We are also prototyping some modifications for it that will really make it the hot ticket for Steel Challenge.

My TacSol is in the mail, after reading up and some forum discussion I

went with the TacSol because they are the only ones with Aluminum mags.

Hear nothing but good things, we'll see !!

What did that little fella run ya if you don't mind my asking?

Adios,

TG