Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thieves

Merlin Orr

No witnesses, no discriptions, unless a hock shop sweep turnes them or they catch someone with the guns doing something else there wont be any day in court for the dirt bag. Just clean gets away with it.----------Larry

That sucks Merlin. Sorry to hear about it.

2 relevant stories:

(1) In the town I live in, 99.9% of the crime is related to break-ins of unlocked cars and houses. I've lived in this town since '84 and it was the same back then as it is now, but people still insist on leaving their cars and house unlocked.

(2) A few years ago, at a local club match, a nationally-ranked GM was shooting. He brought along a IPSC Modified gun, one of only 2 or 3 in the country at the time. After showing everyone his gun, he put it in his (unlocked) truck. After the match, it was discovered missing. Seems a competitor's son had stolen it, and tried to sell it at a pawn shop. From what I hear, the pawn shop owner took one look at this very strange gun and called the police. The gun was recovered and the kid got arrested (though from what I remember, only a very light slap on the wrist). Moral of the story, lock your car when you are at a match.

Sorry all. Gotta close this one. It's getting beyond a simple "rant" and into discussion...which is beyond the hate forum rules.

(I encourage you to continue your discussion through PM's and such).

Kyle F.

Forum Administrator

The Hate forum is for rants only - no lengthy discussions or debates.

Hate Threads that turn into discussions or debates will automatically be locked without notice.