Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload on the move

bkeeler

I'm jealous over the size of your dryfire area!

Very nice :cheers:

One thing that I would say is get your reloads to the point where they do not slow down your movement to your next position.

Not bad.

A couple notes:

1) I don't like starting that drill with a timer....as that will never happen in match conditions.

2) The drop step is a little short, and isn't doing anything since you step with that foot first anyway. Use some more power.

3) I'd like to see the load done before you're even out of the box. The only way reloading will never slow your movement down is if it's done before you really start moving. What I use to gauge it for myself is after I take the big drop-step, the load has to be done before that foot touches the ground again...preferably before your leading foot finishes the step.

4) You're getting on the mag release good. Keep doing that.

5) Do it both ways like Flex said.

- Good reaction to the timer. I like it as a "random" trigger to an external response. You're really punchin' that mag out early. Great job.

- Like Flex, I'd exit the box with the other foot. Give it a shot, if only to have it in your bag of tricks.

- Good look into the magwell when seating and keeping the gun up.

- The only thing I see is committing to seating the mag a little more deliberately. You are confirming that it's in before doing anything else and that's great.

Overall...awesome and can only get better. Just in general being more committed and deliberate with the actual seating of the mag.

Rich