Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out of C

Dan Burwell

After a month of being a "C" class production shooter I understand my B card is in the mail. B)

I was a little down on myself for getting a C card to begin with as I figured I should have been a B. I have been shooting IDPA for several years got bumped to master last year at a big match and have done quite well in master at the major matches since.

So I figured this year was time to start shooting USPSA to improve my shooting skills. I figured going against better shooters was the way to get better. They first couple USPSA matches I was just not quite certain how to shoot it. IDPA is so punishing for anything out side the zero it is easy to shoot )don't drop any points) But this points per second thing had me confused at first and the temptation was to open it up, apparently I went a little over board and was getting crushed on the classifiers. I shot just enough to get classified for area 8, and was a little disappointed when the C card came in the mail.

Now I have settled down and started shooting As and all is well again, classifiers have improved, Shot 64.9% at area 8 to win High C and a 74% on my last classifier. Now at least have a card that I am not embarrassed to get out of the wallet.

I have heard it enough times on here that B is easy to get into and hard to get out of so the work starts now. The goal being an A card by the end of summer.

this sounds like a good start to a range diary :blush:

Hey Dan, It's Dan. I just made my way out of "C" myself. One thing I have noticed is that it is more difficult to place very well at the matches. It seems like we have a bunch of sandbaggers in "B". Good luck!