Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forced to Admit....

bountyhunter

Kind of takes the pressure off now that the outcome of the series is pretty much done.

last night, the Celtics were down by 25 points in the Lakers home court... and yet the Celtics did not panic, but simply tightened up their defense and methodically demolished the Lakers. It was like watching what a pack of lions do to the stupid gazelle.

Koby can talk all he wants, what happened last night pretty much said it all.

Whooaa, You're blowing this comeback WAAYYY out of proportion.

The were only down by 24.

Seriously, I was watching the game with my father and he had written off the Celts at the half, I should have made that bet with him, Regardless of who you wanted to win, that was one hell of an exiting game.

Whooaa, You're blowing this comeback WAAYYY out of proportion.

OK, if you say so.

The were only down by 24.

That's completely different than being down by 25. As I recall, the Celts won by six or seven so they could have been down by 30 and still won.

Seriously, I was watching the game with my father and he had written off the Celts at the half, I should have made that bet with him, Regardless of who you wanted to win, that was one hell of an exiting game.

Actually, the point I was making was it wasn't exciting. Even when the Celts were still 10 down, the stink of death was all over the Lakers. Honestly, it was coming from a mile away.

The first game had the same smell at the end when the lakers just folded up, started panic shooting because they could not penetrate the Celts defense and shot about 2 for 12 at the end. That's what it looks like: when the Celts shut them down on defense they just panic and start taking stupid shots they can't make.

Of course it was the refs fault. When you blow it and can't face the truth you blame someone else.

If the Lakers come back from that then they will deserve the accolades that will come.

The Celtics played badly in the first half, the Lakers played badly in the second half.

But the fat lady ain't started warming up yet.

I am a Celtics Fan I have been since the "Havlicek Stole the Ball!" era.( I remember that night still) That said, the series is not over. Celts played a dismal first half and came back. Doc Rivers helped them keep their composure but even he said, this is a players game not a coaches game. I hope they keep it all together.

I was worried when they got so far ahead so early. The Lakers are a young team and often young guys start feeling that sense of complacency and let the other team sneak up on them.

What I do hate is the allowance of overly physical play...sometimes. If they were consistent with this I would not care if they let them play rough but the refs are often very inconsistent with this and the team that starts out rough gets the advantage while the team that "retaliates" is hammered for it.

All in all I got what I wanted which was a Lakers vs. Celtics finals. I would have liked for the Lakers to actually show up though.

-ld

I still think it was exciting. How many time have we seen a team ALMOST stage a comeback? Many not that big in the finals, but it happens. I don't really have a dog in this fight, but It has been a good series. I do agree the Celts are probably going to win, hopefully the Lakers will take the next game, I like seeing someone win a final at home.

Sweet lord that last game was absolutely gruesome.

It was like watching a pack of lions chowing down on lunch.... The Celts defense squeezed the Lakers so bad they were panic shooting and throwing the ball away all night. Something like 25 points came from Laker turnovers. Kobe was so freaked out I watched him throwing up desperation shots from about six feet outside the three point line.

There should be a mercy rule in basketball if one team is more than 25 points behind with less than five minutes to play it's over. The Lakers have to live with that for the whole year now. :wacko:

Edited by bountyhunter

It was like watching a pack of lions chowing down on lunch.... The Celts defense squeezed the Lakers so bad they were panic shooting and throwing the ball away all night. Something like 25 points came from Laker turnovers. Kobe was so freaked out I watched him throwing up desperation shots from about six feet outside the three point line.

There should be a mercy rule in basketball if one team is more than 25 points behind with less than five minutes to play it's over. The Lakers have to live with that for the whole year now. :wacko:

Unless they win a championship next year, they will live with this loss for much longer than a year.

Unless they win a championship next year, they will live with this loss for much longer than a year.

I was being optimistic....... :wacko:

I have no axed to grind for either side, but that last game was a plain old fashioned hammering.

It was really worse than that. I heard some talking heads analyzing it today and one said basically what I was thinking as I watched: The Lakers played like they didn't want to win and they didn't even want to be there. No focus, no drive, no effort. They completely came apart at the seams. I have never seen a team which is supposed to be that good just fall apart so completely.... and they actually did a smaller version of it earlier when they blew the 25 point gap to lose.

If the Celts were really that much better... but they aren't, or at least they shouldn't be. It's stuff like this that has people joking (?) about games being fixed.

A championship caliber team being outplayed by 60 points in the last 6 quarters of the finals, that's just not right. It did look like LA just gave up. Boston just kept doin' their thing, no matter what. Just like I told a friend I'd rather be consistantly good than sometime great.

I have no axed to grind for either side, but that last game was a plain old fashioned hammering.

It was really worse than that. I heard some talking heads analyzing it today and one said basically what I was thinking as I watched: The Lakers played like they didn't want to win and they didn't even want to be there. No focus, no drive, no effort. They completely came apart at the seams. I have never seen a team which is supposed to be that good just fall apart so completely.... and they actually did a smaller version of it earlier when they blew the 25 point gap to lose.

If the Celts were really that much better... but they aren't, or at least they shouldn't be. It's stuff like this that has people joking (?) about games being fixed.

The Lakers are too caught up in their own self importance to concentrate on why they are on the court...the Celtics did not forget why they were there.