Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with EGW "U" Die in 650

So to help with the "glock" bulge I have seem to be having problems with, I purchased an EGW "U" die in .40sw. Reading the instructions I see that it says install the die and turn it down until it just "touches" the shell plate, and then lock down. Seems pretty straight forward. Only problem is when I screw it down that far, the locking nut is no longer on the threads of the die. Therefore it just sort of "flops" around in place and does not sit in a consistent location from round to round. If I back it off far enough to engage the threads I can see a large gap between the shell plate and the die. My Dillon sizing die touches the shell plate. It kind of defeats the purpose if the Dillon sizing die touches the shell plate and sizes the shell farhter than the "U" die. Any ideas? :wacko:

So to help with the "glock" bulge I have seem to be having problems with, I purchased an EGW "U" die in .40sw. Reading the instructions I see that it says install the die and turn it down until it just "touches" the shell plate, and then lock down. Seems pretty straight forward. Only problem is when I screw it down that far, the locking nut is no longer on the threads of the die. Therefore it just sort of "flops" around in place and does not sit in a consistent location from round to round. If I back it off far enough to engage the threads I can see a large gap between the shell plate and the die. My Dillon sizing die touches the shell plate. It kind of defeats the purpose if the Dillon sizing die touches the shell plate and sizes the shell farhter than the "U" die. Any ideas? :wacko:

I think the EGW U-die is actually made by Lee. Others have posted that it will work using a Dillon lock ring or by using the supplied lock ring underneath rather than, on top.