Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Too Good For Television

EricW

Speaking of spin-offs: Stargate SG-1 was kinda fun (not nearly as deep and captivating as BSG and some others, though), but the follow-up Stargate Atlantis just couldn't hold my attention and I never followed it. I still don't watch it.

I'm willing to give the BSG spin-offs a try, just in case, but I have no idea where they'll go from here. I'm sure I'll have a strong opinion, however, and will air it vociferously on This Forum. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all they've been through, how can they disappear to the various ends of the earth and not see each other again? Either they can't stand each other after everything that happened, or they're all just antisocial.

The first time one of them has a serious medical emergency, they're going to regret launching the fleet into the sun. I wonder how the archeologists missed the Raptor that Adama left sitting on top of the hill?

I also wonder how they could let the race of killer robots fly off into space with no assurance they won't come back with evil on their collective mind.

I like the idea that we don't live on the real Earth.

All in all it was a great series.

"...how the archeologists missed the Raptor that Adama left sitting on top of the hill?"
I wondered about that right away. :rolleyes: What'd he do, bury it..? Sell it for scrap?

I'm thinking 150,000 years is a long time for stuff to decay......

After all they've been through, how can they disappear to the various ends of the earth and not see each other again? Either they can't stand each other after everything that happened, or they're all just antisocial.

Just my opinion; After 3 years of living with the constant threat of death it does not seem a stretch to me that they would want to seek amore peaceful life. As Baltar said, they need to spread out in order to ensure the survival of their human race. If they were centered in one place then they would be subject to a single disease that could wipe them all out.

The first time one of them has a serious medical emergency, they're going to regret launching the fleet into the sun. I wonder how the archeologists missed the Raptor that Adama left sitting on top of the hill?

Just because it was sitting on a hill at the end of the episode does not mean it remained there. He would live in the Raptor until he had built a home, then he could keep it, bury it, blow it up, launch it into space etc. Even if left on Earth it could remain hidden for centuries, a Raptor is at most 1000 cubic feet in size, chances of finding it are pretty remote.

I also wonder how they could let the race of killer robots fly off into space with no assurance they won't come back with evil on their collective mind.

It was a leap of faith, it was showing the Cylons that did not consider them a threat so would be unlikely to attack them in the future. It's all part of the 'trying to avoid past mistakes' vision.