Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Shellplate for .38 supercomp

Ok,

so I am going to start developing some loads for my Open gun I just bought and have seen a few threads describing the use of a .223 shellplate for .38 supercomp cases. Is this the best way to do it? I know the difference between the rim size of .38 super/.38supercomp. Will supercomp cases not agree with a standard Dillon .38 super shellplate? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers623

DVC

Ok,

so I am going to start developing some loads for my Open gun I just bought and have seen a few threads describing the use of a .223 shellplate for .38 supercomp cases. Is this the best way to do it? I know the difference between the rim size of .38 super/.38supercomp. Will supercomp cases not agree with a standard Dillon .38 super shellplate? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers623

DVC

This might help.

Dillon Cal Conversion chart

Thanks so much guys. That's what I needed to know. My wife and I have the bug bad for this open gun. My ole trusty 550B is gonna be crankin out a whole new brand of whoop ass now!!!!!

Cheers623

DVC

One nice thing about using the 223 shellplate is that if a stray regular 38 super case gets in, it will not go in the shellplate.

A gun set up to run rimless will come to a screaming halt when fed rimmed 38 super.

One nice thing about using the 223 shellplate is that if a stray regular 38 super case gets in, it will not go in the shellplate.

A gun set up to run rimless will come to a screaming halt when fed rimmed 38 super.

Yep, #3 is the only way to go.

FM