Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Indentifier for stop plate

Ron Ankeny

At my club steel match, we tie a piece of yellow caution tape around the stop plate stick. Use that because I have a lot of it. But now I may paint a few of the sticks red, like that idea. BTW, probably 25% of my shooters at the monthly matches are new(er) shooters and this really helps them.

• 2 months later...

At our weekly SC match we paint the base that holds the post (steel rod) bright orange. The post is painted tan to blend in with the berm.

Our matches are informal and most shooters just need to be told that the orange base is the stop plate.

We run 4 stages each week, 2 are official SC stages, one is a plate rack and the last is “custom”.

Is there anything in the SC Rulebook that prohibits painting the stop plate post a different color than the other posts? From the rules that have been mentioned, all plates must be white which is what our club does. We do paint the stop plate post red and most experienced shooters don't even notice it.

Edited by Jaxshooter

Is there anything in the SC Rulebook that prohibits painting the stop plate post a different color than the other posts? From the rules that have been mentioned, all plates must be white which is what our club does. We do paint the stop plate post red and most experienced shooters don't even notice it.

We do the same at our matches...Plates White and stop plate POST is painted red.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing of the sort in the SC rulebook. It's very short and not typically concerned with such details.