Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weather From Hell

bountyhunter

Amazing how millions of cubic miles of constantly moving fluid isn't consistent from year to year.
It's getting unfortunately consistent. Cold, dry winters and scorching summer heat.

Look I know this is a hate rant, but take the weather in stride. We usually have many 100+ days a years, last year not even 1, and the winter was very mild. It's weather, not a thermostat. I hate hot humid weather, and there is a very good reason I don't live where it gets hot AND humid. If you hate the weather move. I usually just wait, it always changes.

I was born and raised in SFO and in Marin County where the weather has been quite temperate for decades. I've been away from the Bay Area for many years, however, so haven't experienced the gradual changes in weather trends there. Usually there's a foggy coolness there (surrounded by mass quantities of salt-water) and never all that hot. We all used to ohh and ahh when it got up to 80-something in San Francisco at any given time. Anything more than that was considered hellfire or some kind of divine punishment.

I do, however, recall one stretch of a couple of days or so in 1975-ish where the temps in Marin were 115 one day and 117 the next. We were totally incapable of doing ANYTHING. We just sat under the trees and drank water. We barely dared to move. It was even hard to breath air that hot. :wacko::wacko:

Oh, and yeh: "dry heat" my a**! 112 is 112 and no human should have to endure that kind of stuff. <_<

Amazing how millions of cubic miles of constantly moving fluid isn't consistent from year to year.
It's getting unfortunately consistent. Cold, dry winters and scorching summer heat.

Look I know this is a hate rant, but take the weather in stride. We usually have many 100+ days a years, last year not even 1, and the winter was very mild.

And... that doesn't give you a clue? Your weather is better and ours is worse. That basically defines the phrase:

"global climate change"

The climate changes at various places... some get more temperate, some get less. And our weather went from really nice (justifying the cost of living) towards what people in Texas put up with to live where it's cheap.... which is basically the topic of this thread.

Edited by bountyhunter

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a solution for you bountyhunter.

Here it is:

Kailua Kona, HI Weather Facts

• August is the average warmest month.

• The highest recorded temperature was 95°F in 1989.

• The average coolest month is January.

• The lowest recorded temperature was 57°F in 2003.

:cheers:

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a solution for you bountyhunter.

Here it is:

Kailua Kona, HI Weather Facts

• August is the average warmest month.

• The highest recorded temperature was 95°F in 1989.

• The average coolest month is January.

• The lowest recorded temperature was 57°F in 2003.

:cheers:

They do say it's a tropical paradise.

That's funny.... we went there on our honeymoon back in 1985. I still remember on one of our tours, the tour guide driving the bus pointed up to the "hills" and causally mentioned the annual rainfall in that area was 400 INCHES PER YEAR...... :surprise:

We even hit horrible weather while we were there (lots of rain) but it spawned some fun... back then, women's breasts were a fashion accessory and they were really proud to show them off. I remember a smoking hot young thing walking down the street in a tight yellow tank top who dived under an awning when the rain exploded and would not move until it stopped because she knew her shirt would turn into "R rated fun" in about five seconds in that rain....... :cheers:

It's the only place I ever saw rain that could come down so hard it could SCARE you.

Edited by bountyhunter

Look I know this is a hate rant, but take the weather in stride. We usually have many 100+ days a years, last year not even 1, and the winter was very mild.

And... that doesn't give you a clue? Your weather is better and ours is worse. That basically defines the phrase:

"global climate change"

The climate changes at various places... some get more temperate, some get less. And our weather went from really nice (justifying the cost of living) towards what people in Texas put up with to live where it's cheap.... which is basically the topic of this thread.

I heard some guy invented this new product. Ah hell what was that called? Oh ya. Air conditioning. ;)

Also If you think we 'put up' with living in Texas just because it's cheap...... :angry2::angry2: no I won't start. Instead I'll invite you to visit. Come out here and shoot. Come out here and have real BBQ. Come learn why a lot of us are Texans first. There is a very old expression here (back to topic) If you don't like the weather, wait.

Also read this.

Texas

"global climate change"

I heard some guy invented this new product. Ah hell what was that called? Oh ya. Air conditioning. ;)

Also If you think we 'put up' with living in Texas just because it's cheap...... :angry2::angry2: no I won't start. Instead I'll invite you to visit. Come out here and shoot. Come out here and have real BBQ. Come learn why a lot of us are Texans first. There is a very old expression here (back to topic) If you don't like the weather, wait.

Also read this.

Texas

Sure you're not just frustrated and clinging to your guns and BBQ?

Sure you're not just frustrated and clinging to your guns and BBQ?

Wasn't that 'guns and religion' ?

Oh, I guess that still works. BBQ is a VERY close second to religion. :D

And yes I do cling to my guns. It makes for a much more stable shooting platform.

Amazingly NON effective on a motorcycle.
Also If you think we 'put up' with living in Texas just because it's cheap...... :angry2::angry2: no I won't start.

That's why my brother moved there. Lowest cost of living he could find. My sister is headed there for the same reason.

Come out here and shoot. Come out here and have real BBQ. Come learn why a lot of us are Texans first. There is a very old expression here (back to topic) If you don't like the weather, wait.
Not very encouraging, when the weather changes keep bringing WORSE weather, not better.