Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nothing stating in stock

RUSHARP2

So I finally decided to take my AR to a 3 gun match, and found a decent cost effective scope, the Millett DMS.

So I set off to case the internet for the best price. Most sites were in the 225-250 range befroe shipping. But I found one site (recommended in some of the threads on this forum) with it listed sub 200. What a steal, out the door with shipping and rings for what I might have paid for just the scope. So I placed the order.

A couple hours go by and I get the email that the scope is back ordered, with a little speil about they carry a multi-million dollar inventory and because of demand they some times are out of stock.

No mention of expected ship date, no do you wnat something different, nothing about not shipping the rings until the scope comes in.

I must have been to 30 websites looking to purchase stuff in the last few days, and all but one have a in stock, low stock, back order ok type notification on the page. Why let a customer get completely finished and go on about their business then find out the it is back ordered.

I asked for a timeframe, and to hold the rings until the scope comes in. If the time frame is to long, I will cancel the order and pay a little more but actually have it.

Matt

I also hate the companies that pull that shi$. If not in stock, tell me upfront.

If they don't have a phone number listed I will not deal with the company at all.

In addition, check your credit card in three or four days. If the charge shows up and no email that says "shipped", I cancel the order and dispute the charge with credit card company. It is only fair that the company only charges when shipped (unless it's a special order item) or gives you an "expected ship date" so you can decide if the wait is worth it.

I not only want a Phone Number, I want in fact demand to have a "Real World Address" I have been in business for over 35 years and have always included where I am in my advertising. Why anyone would deal with a company that hides when they are selling to you and expect them to step up when there is a problem later, I don't know.

How do I call you, How do I get a "humanbean" and where do I send papers for service.

Must know info or no go.

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

There is that company that everyone loves. They don't show you if they have the item in stock if you order online. They don't tell you of the item is back ordered. They also don't tell you when they will get them. They also don't tell you when they do get it and ship it to you 3 months later when you have completely forgotten about the order.

Well I received a respone to my question regarding estimated date to be in stock. I received a very accurate response of " should have more in a few weeks".

My response... cancel order. I guess that is what I get for trying to save $50. Looks like I am heading to Midway. When something is too good to be true it must be.

I wonder if they will order one from Midway but charge me their price? Ha Ha.

Oh well live and learn.

Our system does not keep track of inventory. My goal is to have everything(except special order items like uncommon slide configurations) on my web page in stock. We do run out occasionally but mostly it is delays on the manufacturers end that cause problems. When we are out we do notify ASAP that we are out and ask for instructions on how to proceed. We have had one item out for 6 months so i have some really old back orders. I was told they would ship next week so I went back and emailed all of those people asking them if they still wanted the item in case they forgot or got some other brand instead. I hope this is ok because the cost of putting in new software and maintaining a system like that is huge.

What i hate is when you ask if its in stock or the web page says its in stock. You order it, they charge your card and then dont even tell you its out of stock. I had this happen recently on some hardwood flooring I ordered. 6600.00 worth. He said it was in stock, I ordered, He charged my card. The next week I asked for a tracking number. He told me they ran out and would have more next month. I was a tiny bit ticked off. Canceled the order and demanded instant credit on my card.

That really is annoying and there's no need for it.

Last night I placed an order with one of our sponsors....this morning I get a note saying one of the items is out of stock, but will be in on Monday or Tues. They asked if I wanted to wait, or go with the alternate item (blued versus stainless). You can't ask for much more than that. I understand things won't always work perfectly, but it's how they handle it that really matters. That's why I deal almost exclusively with two of our sponsors now...no problems ever! The bad part of that is that my wife teases me about Shooter's Connection charges on the credit card....she picks those out immediately :surprise: R,

Hate to bring up a semi dead thread....But I found another site to get my scope from. Sent an email to confirm the scope was in stock. Got a response that it was. Placed the order that night, even spoke with a guy on the phone. 2 days later I get an email that says that the items will be drop shipping from the manufacturer. Got part of my order today and still waiting for my tracking number for the other 2 items from the manufacturer.

Talk about ticked off. I will be lucky to get it by the weekend.