Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tru-Bor Comp, Again

Jack Suber

I have practiced with it a good bit....Just not shot many matches with it. Having shot L10 for 3 years, it is hard training myself not to reload everytime I move :goof: ! I am pretty comfortable with lightening the gun because all of my limited guns are radically light. Everytime I draw this thing, I feel like I am drawing an anchor. My son's open gun is VERY light and I shoot that really well. Problem is that my son won't let me shoot it! :o So, I am making do with what I have got.

That's because it has more than 10 rounds in it. :roflol:

What about removing material from the side of the comp? Contouring it like the recess where the cocking serations are on a slide? I know, I know....I need to quit thinking.... <_<

Never quit thinking. Lot's of changes and innovations can still be made to most open guns, It is just cheaper to make the educated ones first :)

Just gotta be careful about getting the comp chamber walls too thin - if the whole thing has already been thinned (per an earlier post, you say the slide was thinned, etc...), there's probably not a lot left to thin out on the comp (safely).

Not apples to apples, but I just changed a comp on a gun tonight. It was extremely fouled, beat up and soiled, but that isn't the point of this little story. The point is that in the fouling I can see the gas flow patterns, and the gas patterns on this comp show that it absolutely DOES use the end port. The comp I am talking about is a 3 up 4 side (two chamber) 7 port comp, and the last port is after the 4th baffle. That last port IS using gas, and it IS affecting the gun.

Cutting metal off is easy, putting it back is hard and expensive.

It was extremely fouled, beat up and soiled, but that isn't the point of this little story.

Its name wouldn't have been Jay Townsend, would it??? :goof:

It was extremely fouled, beat up and soiled, but that isn't the point of this little story.

Its name wouldn't have been Jay Townsend, would it??? :goof:

LMAO, no, it wasn't Jay!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...