Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Exercise Modality

Jake Di Vita

Which is better ?? What if you put these two in an Alaska Survival type situation, who would do better on general fitness

alone ??

That's exactly my point. Neither is better. What would be better would be an amalgam of the two. Both your examples are examples of sport specific fitness, not general all inclusive fitness.

So by your logic...TGO is not a shooter because he doesn't shoot 1000 meter HP rifle? Too specialized?

It's not that he isn't a shooter, but (assuming he doesn't shoot 1000 meter HP) he sure as hell is not a long range rifle shooter. However it's not really an accurate comparison because shooting is a skill.

edited because you removed yours ;)

Wow looks like there is too much testosterone in this one. I'm not even going to waste my time.

"The superior man loves his soul"

Thank you...I appreciate your significant input in this discussion. ;)

You must admit, you and many of the cross-fit enthusiasts spread a pretty intense strain of evangelism.

Functional fitness has been ignored by many, but not all, and for 95% (more?) of the US population it's more a matter of doing *anything* than arguing about dead lifts vs. the leg press machine, or scorning serious long-distance athletes ( many of whom also cross-train, no?).

Absolutely, the crossfit bunch are an intense crowd. That's partially why I like them...they are results oriented.

Once again.......I am not bashing long distance athletes...I personally enjoy cycling....but cycling as your only exercise will not give you functional fitness. It has nothing to do with berating long distance athletes...I used to be one myself. It has to do with getting people fit and healthy which is something I take seriously.

And yes, unfortunately it is more about getting them to do anything, but if I'm going to train a brand new shooter, I'm not going to give him a junky old Ruger and tell him, "dry firing hurts your gun" or "you should only practice at 3 yards" to start with. I'd much prefer to start someone out with top of the line equipment and programming. They will improve faster and become a better shooter overall.

I was told that a gauntlet was thrown down, and challenge was accepted and countered??? When's this action gonna take place? I know who I've got my money on... ;)